Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 37,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cyanogenmod mod ?

Tip us?

dogenut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cyanogenmod mod ?

Is their a cyanogenmod version that works for non developers editions of the verizon note. I just got my note 3 and without cyanogenmod it would stink.. has the bootloader been unlocked ?

mjh68
Old
Thanks Meter 372
No, still can't flash custom kernels

brex91
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
No, still can't flash custom kernels
there are may subjects and threads on this matter. I realized that not everyone understands everything, but if you know enough to register on this site, you must know how to use the search function.

to sum up:
search before posting
for the time being s4 and above on verizon wont be able to run aosp roms*

*besides developers edition. (if you have to ask, you don't have one)

jjewell
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogenut View Post
Is their a cyanogenmod version that works for non developers editions of the verizon note. I just got my note 3 and without cyanogenmod it would stink.. has the bootloader been unlocked ?
i did the same thing back in January and i'm kicking myself in the ass for not doing a lot more research first. samsung software has got to be the worst, thats why this phone has 3 gb ram. use towel root and at least get root access to shut half the ****ty software off. the custom roms for this phone are just rework versions of bloatwiz.

dogenut
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That blows... has anyone been working on it ?

kinstre11
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogenut View Post
That blows... has anyone been working on it ?
The likelihood that our bootloader will even be unlocked or that any real development will go into kexec allowing us to flash custom kernels is probably close to 0%, meaning there will not be a cyanogenmod for retail N3.
However, if you are looking for a closer to AOSP rom check out Eclipse Rom. The dev has put much coding into the rom to make it feel like AOSP, it's not without its faults but what rom is perfect?
Also the devs for Alliance Rom have said they will be releasing an AOSP version in the future and many people are looking forward to that.
With practically any rom you will find yourself uninstalling a lot of bloatware unless you are one of the few who bought a Samsung device to use the proprietary software.
Either way, have fun.