Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 45,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can flash firmware but cannot access Recovery

Tip us?

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeveeWasDry View Post
Yes. I've tried the full firmware for NC4 and it just bootloops. This is what the download page tells me.

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N900V
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A3, P1
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
UDC START
Ok. Everything seems right to me. It's definitely not you!

What info did you get from the previous owner? When you bought it did they tell you it was bricked and what they did to brick it?
I will not apologize for art.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LeveeWasDry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGR View Post
Ok. Everything seems right to me. It's definitely not you!

What info did you get from the previous owner? When you bought it did they tell you it was bricked and what they did to brick it?
I was told nothing really. They just told me that it boot looped and it was stuck on the "Firmware Upgrade has Encountered an Issue" screen. It was more so a gamble really. The phone looks impeccable so it seems to be rather new. Maybe the owner had flashed it before and tool the OTA, soft-bricking it... I don't know. I just know that its last flash was 4.4 KK because it wouldn't let me downgrade firmware.

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 775
I'm not quite sure what else you could look at doing here. You seem to be doing everything right, but not getting the right results.

The following is an option:

Seems to me that the previous owner did something "unofficial" that caused this. If it was something official, it would've easily been accepted as a replacement via warranty situation. But instead, they got rid of it!

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Actually, there is one more thing you can try. You should never do this because there is too high a risk of bricking if you do something wrong. But you are already pretty bricked, so what else have you got to lose?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2610757

Go check this out, and nand erase all during the odin flash.
I will not apologize for art.