Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Help trying to flash

Tip us?

OrangeAndBlueDroid
Old
(Last edited by OrangeAndBlueDroid; 27th August 2014 at 07:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Help trying to flash

I am on OTA NC4. I used to flash all the time from the Droid 2 to the note 2. Many phones. With that,I am stuck. I downloaded busy box and installed with the app as well as with SS. I restart into SS and wipe factory then go to install and flash a Rom. It gets to 50% pretty quick, says successful after about 2 minutes. I reboot, get Samsung splash screen and all goes black. I even let it sit all night and nothing. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

kinstre11
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAndBlueDroid View Post
I am on OTA NC4. I used to flash all the time from the Droid 2 to the note 2. Many phones. With that,I am stuck. I downloaded busy box and installed with the app as well as with SS. I restart into SS and wipe factory then go to install and flash a Rom. It gets to 50% pretty quick, says successful after about 2 minutes. I reboot, get Samsung splash screen and all goes black. I even let it sit all night and nothing. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
You need to flash the NC2 kernel to run a kitkat rom. The file and instructions can be found here. You can simply substitute the rom you are trying to install instead of the one in the OP. Just make sure it is based on NC2 or NC4.
Currently the only rom that doesn't require the NC2 kernel is the newest Jasmine Rom.
Good luck.