Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]Help trying to flash

OP OrangeAndBlueDroid

27th August 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
I am on OTA NC4. I used to flash all the time from the Droid 2 to the note 2. Many phones. With that,I am stuck. I downloaded busy box and installed with the app as well as with SS. I restart into SS and wipe factory then go to install and flash a Rom. It gets to 50% pretty quick, says successful after about 2 minutes. I reboot, get Samsung splash screen and all goes black. I even let it sit all night and nothing. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by OrangeAndBlueDroid; 27th August 2014 at 08:34 PM.
27th August 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hobe Sound
Thanks Meter: 25

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAndBlueDroid

I am on OTA NC4. I used to flash all the time from the Droid 2 to the note 2. Many phones. With that,I am stuck. I downloaded busy box and installed with the app as well as with SS. I restart into SS and wipe factory then go to install and flash a Rom. It gets to 50% pretty quick, says successful after about 2 minutes. I reboot, get Samsung splash screen and all goes black. I even let it sit all night and nothing. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

You need to flash the NC2 kernel to run a kitkat rom. The file and instructions can be found here. You can simply substitute the rom you are trying to install instead of the one in the OP. Just make sure it is based on NC2 or NC4.
Currently the only rom that doesn't require the NC2 kernel is the newest Jasmine Rom.
Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread