FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] help system wont boot only recovery

168 posts
Thanks Meter: 32
 
By tjmethod, Senior Member on 11th July 2014, 02:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th July 2014, 05:38 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmethod

Hi again all is worki g fine except lost alot of apps & widgets- voicemail, samsung hub etc., just trying to figure getting it all back on. I notice baja is faster also can't find how to increase battery but I will have to play with it. So what rom do you use?

Different ROMs add and/or remove certain apps and features, you just need to find the one that suits your needs. I personally like Biggins ROM the most but it's just my preference.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
14th July 2014, 12:48 PM |#22  
tjmethod's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foxboro
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

Different ROMs add and/or remove certain apps and features, you just need to find the one that suits your needs. I personally like Biggins ROM the most but it's just my preference.

I looked up that rom and looks great especially the blue theme and do sent seem to have too much as far as tweaks. I might switch. I thought there were probably a dozen rom out there- I don't know how many there are- I never heard of this one. My only problem now is install or downloading the visual voicemail, I've found and tried to download but I get 'x App not installed'- I don't know what I'm doing wrong and how to get these back in. Any ideas?
Thanks,
TJ
14th July 2014, 01:16 PM |#23  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmethod

I looked up that rom and looks great especially the blue theme and do sent seem to have too much as far as tweaks. I might switch. I thought there were probably a dozen rom out there- I don't know how many there are- I never heard of this one. My only problem now is install or downloading the visual voicemail, I've found and tried to download but I get 'x App not installed'- I don't know what I'm doing wrong and how to get these back in. Any ideas?
Thanks,
TJ

You're probably going to have to move the file into the system/app folder, change permissions to match the rest of the files then reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 07:39 PM |#24  
tjmethod's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foxboro
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

You're probably going to have to move the file into the system/app folder, change permissions to match the rest of the files then reboot.

Would moving the app or apk be done on pc with Odin? Is there anywhere I can read on how to change permissions?
14th July 2014, 08:05 PM |#25  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmethod

Would moving the app or apk be done on pc with Odin? Is there anywhere I can read on how to change permissions?


You just use a Root Explorer type ap and copy the file from its current location and paste it in the system/app folder then change the permissions of the apk to match the other files. Just long press on the file and select "change permissions" once the file has been moved. They should be like this file:

The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 03:11 AM |#26  
tjmethod's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foxboro
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

You just use a Root Explorer type ap and copy the file from its current location and paste it in the system/app folder then change the permissions of the apk to match the other files. Just long press on the file and select "change permissions" once the file has been moved. They should be like this file:

Well I dl'd root file explorer and found the files I wanted to change also found the system clicked on it then found the app file opened it up and saw all the apk's etc. When I click on copy and checked the app folder and then paste it wanted to rename 'app'. I got confused and didn't do anything at that point that's going mess things up?
15th July 2014, 03:41 PM |#27  
tjmethod's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Foxboro
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmethod

Well I dl'd root file explorer and found the files I wanted to change also found the system clicked on it then found the app file opened it up and saw all the apk's etc. When I click on copy and checked the app folder and then paste it wanted to rename 'app'. I got confused and didn't do anything at that point that's going mess things up?

Update, I was able to copy and paste Samsung Apps, change permissions and install but not Verizon visual voicemail apk so I think there is something wrong with the file
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes