How to change generic contact pic

OP cinsity

20th August 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 22

85 posts
I am on alliance Rom and it is fantastic. Everything is themed just the way I like it. I only need to change one last thing to realize my dream setup. Does anybody have any idea on how to universally change the generic contact pics that shows up in my mms?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408559752782.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (53.9 KB, 36 views)
20th August 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 823

1,236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinsity

I am on alliance Rom and it is fantastic. Everything is themed just the way I like it. I only need to change one last thing to realize my dream setup. Does anybody have any idea on how to universally change the generic contact pics that shows up in my mms?

Yes.

If you like, provide a copy of what you want to change it to. I have a copy of Alliance Build1 on my phone and can make you a flashable. When I post it, I will give you some general instructions on how to add to it, if you like.

Edit: And just to be sure, did you flash a theme at all?
Last edited by LeftyGR; 20th August 2014 at 10:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 22

85 posts
That would be awesome. I did flash all backs black theme. I actually just want a totally black bg pic to sub in. I would be ok with a way to completely remove the contact pic at all. Thanks a ton for your help

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bloomington, IL

1,236 posts
More
Zip attached. Flash in recovery. It does not replace SecMms.apk, it only replaces thise pngs inside it. It wipes dalvik for you. I will add on a short tutorial on how to add onto this yourself shortly.

flash me.zip
21st August 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bloomington, IL

1,236 posts
More
Ok. This uses the vr-theme script. Most of the a.b.b. theme uses it as well.
If you unzip flash me.zip, and go inside, you'll see this

Drill down into the vr theme folder. . .

You see a folder with the exact same name as what you're modding. Please note that it has the exact spelling, including the .apk. I'll get to how I chose what's inside in a minute. The way I get what's inside was I unzipped thee abb theme, and got to the SecMms.apk app. In abb it is a full app. So to get into it, use a file explorer. I used es file explorer. Long press it and choose to open it. If you just short press like normal, it will try to install it.

When you open it go into the res folder.
Then I chose this folder to extract (because it had the images I wanted)

And when you back out, you get this

Go into that folder, you'll see a bunch of pngs. I delete the ones I don't want to change. I'm left with

For your zip, I made all these images transparent.

I then placed the SecMms folder to the flash me in the correct folder (vr-theme/system/priv-app, for this mod) and renamed it to include tha ".apk".

Then I zipped it up.

A couple of side notes:
Any .9.png files... don't modify those unless you know how. Google it if you really wanna know.
Any .png files... if you replace it rather than edit it, 1. Make sure the name matches exactly. 2. Make sure the dimensions match exactly to ensure it shows correctly. If it isn't the same, crop or resize.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread