[Q] Kingo Root Not Working

OP marlins43

4th July 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly1812

You can't do that. We have a locked bootloader that restricts you to touchwiz roms running on the stock kernel.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oh well. Anything else I can do on my rooted phone other than titanium backup and adblocker?
5th July 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #12  
Flag West Long Branch, NJ
Thanks Meter: 123

439 posts
More
you can safestrap and install custom roms - they just have to be touchwiz-based.

8th July 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #13  
Flag bridgetown
Thanks Meter: 6

31 posts
More
yes we can
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlins43

Oh well. Anything else I can do on my rooted phone other than titanium backup and adblocker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly1812

you can safestrap and install custom roms - they just have to be touchwiz-based.

in the pic here, all that gobbledeegook speek where your normal "?about phone" should be , tells you this is a vzw note 3, Nc4 stock rooted, ported to T-Mobile Lte , "G" edition (S5 ported) on non-user-ship (non-stock) kernel.
or basically,
using a verizon note 3 as a T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S5, with all of its features, save the one~~ it's not waterproof. , which of course , is in that thread i linked
so there's a;lot you can do with your phone, as it may seem too complicated now, you may want to stick to simpler mods that you can download from google play store, like a different boot animation, meaning to say that instead of the huge red logo you see when you initially turn on yo0ur phone, you can change it to supermario running accross the screen, or that green matrix i/o screen. they may have added more by now, its up to you if that is something you may ne interested int there, or at least its a place to start.as you can see, perhaps a more correct assumption would be to say you cant run touchwiz and another launcher, say Google NOW...... at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-08-13-52-54.png
Views:	21
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	2840901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-08-14-36-50.png
Views:	18
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	2840929  
Last edited by tlipitli; 8th July 2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: add image
10th July 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 10

24 posts
More
Well, this was originally longer but the forum decided to post limit me because I am new. If you want a Google type experience, you might want to try the Google Experience Launcher (can be side loaded, but won't install from play store). I use this with Xgels and am very happy with the results.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread