Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] looking for a guide to unroot and reset Knox

Tip us?

waterbottels
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] looking for a guide to unroot and reset Knox

My new note 3 turned out to be buggy and broken. Constantly freezing and resetting. I need to return it but I rooted it with towel root and am uncertain on how to unroot and reset the Knox trigger. Help would be appreciated!

donc113
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbottels View Post
My new note 3 turned out to be buggy and broken. Constantly freezing and resetting. I need to return it but I rooted it with towel root and am uncertain on how to unroot and reset the Knox trigger. Help would be appreciated!
Nothing in the world will reset the knox warranty fuse. It's an electronic fuse and once blown...the entire chipset (in other words...the whole motherboard) needs replaced

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to donc113 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ContractorDude
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbottels View Post
You can Odin the NC 4 tar found here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2524572. Towel root does not trip the Knox counter so you should be ok
The Following User Says Thank You to ContractorDude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
counter, knox, reset, towel, unroot