Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,054 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will n900V motherboard swap into other model housing?

Tip us?

jellyhead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default Will n900V motherboard swap into other model housing?

I have a Verizon N900V with a cracked and broken digitizer. I've been watching on eBay for a compatible donor phone for parts. I've seen that Verizon and Sprint motherboards are interchangeable but I'm not sure about other models. The other models I've looked at are N900T, N900A and N9006. I know the Digitizer itself is the same for all models but I'm watching for a complete phone with bad ESN or one with just the motherboard and possibly USB board removed. My concern is that the N900V motherboard will not work with these models.

donc113
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyhead View Post
I have a Verizon N900V with a cracked and broken digitizer. I've been watching on eBay for a compatible donor phone for parts. I've seen that Verizon and Sprint motherboards are interchangeable but I'm not sure about other models. The other models I've looked at are N900T, N900A and N9006. I know the Digitizer itself is the same for all models but I'm watching for a complete phone with bad ESN or one with just the motherboard and possibly USB board removed. My concern is that the N900V motherboard will not work with these models.
I would be 99.9% sure the only difference between the various models is the motherboard thus...all the motherboards are interchangeable. Obviously...putting a new motherboard makes the total phone now whatever model version the motherboard came from.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk