FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How do I stop Google play store from auto updating itself?

1,824 posts
Thanks Meter: 352

By stu5797, Senior Member on 2nd November 2013, 12:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I do not like the new Google play store. I deleted it and reinstalled the previous version but somehow it just auto updates itself. Anyone know a way to stop it from auto updating?

3rd November 2013, 01:38 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
I think there is a market updater app that you can freeze with Titanium. I am fairly sure that I did that on Gingerbread
30th November 2014, 03:20 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Most likely the OP isn't interested anymore to get an answer, but since this thread is well ranked by Google when someone search for the same question posted by the OP, I think it worth to update this thread with my answer that can be read here:
[TRICK] How to stop Google Play Store self update - easy!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to halnovemila For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift halnovemila Ad-Free
30th November 2014, 03:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Thanks for the answer! Unfortunately I forgot why I didn't want the app to auto update itself. I must have had a reason, lol!
24th December 2014, 07:21 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Lightbulb Theme breaks new Play Store
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797

Thanks for the answer! Unfortunately I forgot why I didn't want the app to auto update itself. I must have had a reason, lol!

Because if you have a style theme running, (TBO BlackKat or Infamous dark theme donate version) the new Play Store will crash when you open it.
6th November 2015, 07:51 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by halnovemila

Most likely the OP isn't interested anymore to get an answer, but since this thread is well ranked by Google when someone search for the same question posted by the OP, I think it worth to update this thread with my answer that can be read here:
[TRICK] How to stop Google Play Store self update - easy!

Thanks! I'm glad you posted this. I've been having trouble with the recent Play Store updates (v5.10.30, the one before it, and the one after it I got from APK mirror), so I created the folder, and uninstalled all the updates, and so far it hasn't reinstalled the recent version.
The Following User Says Thank You to umataro42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift umataro42 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)