FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Please heeelp!! N900V CID "11" Android 5.0 N900VVRUEOF1

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By apxati, Junior Member on 23rd August 2016, 06:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
help me please: with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 900V. I have a problem: got root and can not unlock the bootloader of the fact that I have a CID begins with the digits "11", and because of which it is impossible to boot into recovery. Safestrap The program also fails to take advantage of (by clicking on "reboot to recovery" device is loaded into the system, have tried almost all the versions of this app and the new and old), I have the firmware is now 5.0 N900VVRUEOF1, what to do and how I can install custom? Maybe we can somehow lower firmware version from 5.0 to 4.4.2 or 4.3, there use to Safestrap? Or somewhere you can find Firmware N900V_VZW_N900VVRUCNC4 service with 4 files? Because a single file, this firmware is not installed - an error aboot? Please help me for 4 days already suffer...

23rd August 2016, 09:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 953

More
Here is the sequence of SM-N900V stock firmware releases:

MI9->MJ7->MJE->(NC2)->NC4->NJ6->NK1->OB6->OF1

Shown above (in red) are the "RP SWREV" anti-rollback protection trigger points: MJ7, NC4, and NK1.

Once you have flashed a stock firmware in this sequence, you can roll backwards (or forwards) only to the closest prior trip point.

So for instance - in your case - you had/have OF1 firmware on your phone, so you can only flash NK1, OB6, or OF1. You can not flash NC4 (or NJ6, or anything else before NK1).

If you were to flash NK1, you might have trouble rooting - I'm not sure if Towelroot works on NK1.

And even then, if I recall correctly there is no Safestrap version for NK1. But don't quote me on that.

Perhaps you could query @donc113

If I recall correctly he is on NK1, so he might have some ideas for you. He is unlocked now & so probably has more freedom (bcuz of custom recovery), but if he spent time "rooted but locked" on NK1, he'll know what your options are.

23rd August 2016, 09:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apxati

help me please: with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 900V. I have a problem: got root and can not unlock the bootloader of the fact that I have a CID begins with the digits "11", and because of which it is impossible to boot into recovery. Safestrap The program also fails to take advantage of (by clicking on "reboot to recovery" device is loaded into the system, have tried almost all the versions of this app and the new and old), I have the firmware is now 5.0 N900VVRUEOF1, what to do and how I can install custom? Maybe we can somehow lower firmware version from 5.0 to 4.4.2 or 4.3, there use to Safestrap? Or somewhere you can find Firmware N900V_VZW_N900VVRUCNC4 service with 4 files? Because a single file, this firmware is not installed - an error aboot? Please help me for 4 days already suffer...

You can NOT unlock a Note 3 where the CID starts with 11.

Sorry..but as of now... It simply can not be done.

The exploit that was used to unlock those whose cid begins with 15. Only eMMC chips that start with 15 have the 'backdoor' that was used to unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bftb0

Here is the sequence of SM-N900V stock firmware releases:

MI9->MJ7->MJE->(NC2)->NC4->NJ6->NK1->OB6->OF1

Shown above (in red) are the "RP SWREV" anti-rollback protection trigger points: MJ7, NC4, and NK1.

Once you have flashed a stock firmware in this sequence, you can roll backwards (or forwards) only to the closest prior trip point.

So for instance - in your case - you had/have OF1 firmware on your phone, so you can only flash NK1, OB6, or OF1. You can not flash NC4 (or NJ6, or anything else before NK1).

If you were to flash NK1, you might have trouble rooting - I'm not sure if Towelroot works on NK1.

And even then, if I recall correctly there is no Safestrap version for NK1. But don't quote me on that.

Perhaps you could query @donc113

If I recall correctly he is on NK1, so he might have some ideas for you. He is unlocked now & so probably has more freedom (bcuz of custom recovery), but if he spent time "rooted but locked" on NK1, he'll know what your options are.

There are none. He can root OF1 via the Arabian program but no version of Safestrap works with it.

As to NC4... I was on 4.4.2 which is NC2/NC4 and it was root able... and OF1 (nor NK1) Can not be rolled back to NC4 or NC2.

I know of no way to root NK1 (4.4.4)

(I had NC4 modem [still do] but NC2 firmware)

23rd August 2016, 09:27 PM |#4  

More
@donc113 Oops, my bad - I thought you were on NK1
24th August 2016, 09:38 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
if I install NK1 then will I be able to take advantage Safestrap got root? Or wait until be able to unlock the bootloader on the " 11 " chip?
24th August 2016, 05:26 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

if I install NK1 then will I be able to take advantage Safestrap got root? Or wait until be able to unlock the bootloader on the " 11 " chip?

NK1 didn't have a publicly-available rooting method, and even if it did, Safestrap never supported NK1.

Unfortunately you are stuck with "rooted stock" only on Ox11 CID phones that have been flashed to NK1 or later firmware.

The hazard with only having a single root (no custom recovery as an alternative boot) is that if you make a mistake that boot loops or otherwise wedges your OS boot, you'll have to start completely over from Odin - and will have no backups.

My next phone is going to be a Nexus. All this dicking around with arcane rooting methods on Samsung devices is BS. It results in a tiny dev community on what is otherwise nice hardware... so, very scarce ROM development.
28th August 2016, 11:24 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Can I install custom firmware android 6.0 in some way in my situation ?
28th August 2016, 06:34 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Can I install custom firmware android 6.0 in some way in my situation ?

In your situation - rooted but without a known way to unlock the bootloader - you have to live within the restriction of using Samsung-signed boot images.

The closest thing to that is Jasmine (for locked/retail devices), but it is a Lolipop ROM.

The chance of you being able to make a custom MM ROM behave nicely with a stock Lolipop boot/kernel image seems a bit remote.

You could experiment but you need to be fully aware that any mistake or booting problem means that you would have to start all over with Odin (full stock flash) and re-rooting.
29th August 2016, 02:18 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
bftb0,
Here a similar instruction to unlock the bootloader, but the Note 4 with a change in the CID on the "15 .." http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...7#post66367497 How can I do something like this to change my CID and make it starting with "15 .." and continue the unlock here on this instruction http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...oader-t3359370
29th August 2016, 05:19 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:

bftb0,
Here a similar instruction to unlock the bootloader, but the Note 4 with a change in the CID on the "15 .." http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...7#post66367497 How can I do something like this to change my CID and make it starting with "15 .." and continue the unlock here on this instruction http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...oader-t3359370

The issue is not the number 15, it is what that number means.. It means that a specific eMMC chip was used and that specific chip had a known 'backdoor' that was used to unlock Note 3's. The code that worked for that specific chip does not work other chips.

So changing your cid to start with 15, would not replace the eMMC hardware and the code still would not work.

Until someone finds the backdoor into those other chips.. Your phone can not be unlocked.

29th August 2016, 10:53 PM |#11  

More
@apxati

Quote:
Originally Posted by donc113

The issue is not the number 15, it is what that number means.. It means that a specific eMMC chip was used and that specific chip had a known 'backdoor' that was used to unlock Note 3's. The code that worked for that specific chip does not work other chips.

^this.

If you are curious, the details of the exploit are described in a file in beaups' github - see SAMDUNK_1.0-03262016.pdf

It happens to turn out that 0x15 is the vendor code for Samsung. But that's more or less just a coincidence; Samsung makes all sorts of stuff... including eMMC flash memory.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)