Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 41,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] On NC2, need to return to stock

Tip us?

buppie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] On NC2, need to return to stock

I am running NC2 and have had terrible reception issues. I have flashed to NC4 modem and it didn't help at all... If anything it is worse. I am considering flashing back to stock and doing a warranty replacement due to the issue.

Question is... Which way should I go? Flash back to mje or up to NC4? Does it matter? If NC4 makes the most sense, can I Odin straight to it or do I need to go back to mje and take the OTA? Will Samsung or vzw care of I return the phone for reception issues and it's not on the latest version?
Galaxy Note 3 - 4.4.2 -|- Nexus 7 2013 Stock | Galaxy Nexus PA 3.68 | Acer Icona A500 CM 10.1 unofficial | OG Droid CM7.2
The Following User Says Thank You to buppie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by buppie View Post
I am running NC2 and have had terrible reception issues. I have flashed to NC4 modem and it didn't help at all... If anything it is worse. I am considering flashing back to stock and doing a warranty replacement due to the issue.

Question is... Which way should I go? Flash back to mje or up to NC4? Does it matter?
Yes it matters. But the question is does it matter to you that you will never be able to odin to jb?
Quote:
If NC4 makes the most sense, can I Odin straight to it or do I need to go back to mje and take the OTA?
Yoy can odin straight to either. Just remember, once you go to nc4 there's no going back.
Quote:
Will Samsung or vzw care of I return the phone for reception issues and it's not on the latest version?
Trick question! If you're on nc2...yes. They will know you modified.
On mje...eh, no. But before you send it in, they will want to troubleshoot over the phone. And most likely say you need to upgrade firmware and try it before giving you permission to send in for replacement.
I will not apologize for art.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buppie
Old
(Last edited by buppie; 5th July 2014 at 07:07 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGR View Post
Yes it matters. But the question is does it matter to you that you will never be able to odin to jb?

Yoy can odin straight to either. Just remember, once you go to nc4 there's no going back.

Trick question! If you're on nc2...yes. They will know you modified.
On mje...eh, no. But before you send it in, they will want to troubleshoot over the phone. And most likely say you need to upgrade firmware and try it before giving you permission to send in for replacement.

I guess that's my fear... That I cannot flash back from NC4. I assume they will want to know that I updated it before calling. If not I assume they will ask me to. If I am sure I can get a replacement then I don't care. I guess I'm afraid that I'll take the OTA then of they don't allow the replacement I'm stuck.
Galaxy Note 3 - 4.4.2 -|- Nexus 7 2013 Stock | Galaxy Nexus PA 3.68 | Acer Icona A500 CM 10.1 unofficial | OG Droid CM7.2

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 737
Well, tell them you're on nc4. Then if they give you the ok for replacement, odin nc4 before you send it in. Just know it is entirely possible that you get a replacement with nc4 on it...
I will not apologize for art.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]