Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] On NC2, need to return to stock

OP buppie

4th July 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
I am running NC2 and have had terrible reception issues. I have flashed to NC4 modem and it didn't help at all... If anything it is worse. I am considering flashing back to stock and doing a warranty replacement due to the issue.

Question is... Which way should I go? Flash back to mje or up to NC4? Does it matter? If NC4 makes the most sense, can I Odin straight to it or do I need to go back to mje and take the OTA? Will Samsung or vzw care of I return the phone for reception issues and it's not on the latest version?
The Following User Says Thank You to buppie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 883

1,275 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buppie

I am running NC2 and have had terrible reception issues. I have flashed to NC4 modem and it didn't help at all... If anything it is worse. I am considering flashing back to stock and doing a warranty replacement due to the issue.

Question is... Which way should I go? Flash back to mje or up to NC4? Does it matter?

Yes it matters. But the question is does it matter to you that you will never be able to odin to jb?
Quote:

If NC4 makes the most sense, can I Odin straight to it or do I need to go back to mje and take the OTA?

Yoy can odin straight to either. Just remember, once you go to nc4 there's no going back.
Quote:

Will Samsung or vzw care of I return the phone for reception issues and it's not on the latest version?

Trick question! If you're on nc2...yes. They will know you modified.
On mje...eh, no. But before you send it in, they will want to troubleshoot over the phone. And most likely say you need to upgrade firmware and try it before giving you permission to send in for replacement.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGR

Yes it matters. But the question is does it matter to you that you will never be able to odin to jb?

Yoy can odin straight to either. Just remember, once you go to nc4 there's no going back.

Trick question! If you're on nc2...yes. They will know you modified.
On mje...eh, no. But before you send it in, they will want to troubleshoot over the phone. And most likely say you need to upgrade firmware and try it before giving you permission to send in for replacement.

I guess that's my fear... That I cannot flash back from NC4. I assume they will want to know that I updated it before calling. If not I assume they will ask me to. If I am sure I can get a replacement then I don't care. I guess I'm afraid that I'll take the OTA then of they don't allow the replacement I'm stuck.
Last edited by buppie; 5th July 2014 at 08:07 PM.
5th July 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 883

1,275 posts
More
Well, tell them you're on nc4. Then if they give you the ok for replacement, odin nc4 before you send it in. Just know it is entirely possible that you get a replacement with nc4 on it...
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread