Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Unhappy [Q] Issues with ROM install.

OP Dankaru81

22nd August 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hey all. So I'm attempting to flash "JellyBeans" ROM on my Note 3 N900V. These are the steps I have followed:
1st of all I am rooted.
And I am using Safestrap.
1. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
2. Copy the Custom ROM .zip file from your Desktop over to the root of your SD card.
3. Once the .zip file has been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Turn it back on by holding down Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together.
6. Your device should reboot into recovery mode.
In the recovery mode, the Volume buttons are used for navigation and the Power button to make a selection.
7. Select Backup and Restore.
8. Select Backup.
9. Hit Yes when prompted and let it backup your device.
10. Once done, head back to the main menu by selecting Back.
11. Select Wipe data/factory reset.
12. Hit Yes when prompted and let it wipe off all the data on your device.
13. Once done, head back to the main menu by selecting Back.
14. Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
15. Choose the Custom ROM .zip file you copied earlier to be flashed on your device.
16. Select Yes when prompted and it should begin flashing the ROM on your device.
17. When the ROM has been flashed, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.

Once I reboot its starts up "Samsung Galaxy Note 3" and then the screen just goes black and my notification light starts pulsing blue. But nothing happens. I cant turn the phone off or anything. I have to pull the battery out to reset.

Any idea's?
22nd August 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Millerstown, PA
Thanks Meter: 251
 
673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
If you're on a retail device, you need to Odin back to stock and root again. Install safestrap. Then have fun being a crack flasher
22nd August 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwh0r3

If you're on a retail device, you need to Odin back to stock and root again. Install safestrap. Then have fun being a crack flasher

Ok, I just recovered from safestrap back to my stock ROM. Im back at square 1. But why would I need to run odin back to stock. And then wth is a "crack flasher"?
22nd August 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Millerstown, PA
Thanks Meter: 251
 
673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
OK you're using safestrap? Didn't read that. My bad. Are you on mje jb trying to update to the nc2/nc4 KitKat?
22nd August 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwh0r3

OK you're using safestrap? Didn't read that. My bad. Are you on mje jb trying to update to the nc2/nc4 KitKat?

I'm running Stock atm. Trying to install JB. Everytime I have tried to install a custom ROM on this damn phone I get the same result. I had no issues with my HTC One.
22nd August 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Millerstown, PA
Thanks Meter: 251
 
673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Stock can be jellybean or KitKat. If on KitKat, you can't flash a jb rom
22nd August 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
/facepalm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwh0r3

Stock can be jellybean or KitKat. If on KitKat, you can't flash a jb rom

haha, my bad. Yea im on kitkat. I didnt think it mattered seeing as its a custom rom. Do you have a ROM you would recommend?
running 4.4.2 currently.
22nd August 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Millerstown, PA
Thanks Meter: 251
 
673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Biggins for great theming and a few s5 ported features or delta for stock nc4 themed beautifully. Alliance is great too. Hyperdrive was good. And eclipse is highly modified touchwiz to have aosp features. Here's where the term crack flasher comes in... Flash one and try it. Then try the next. See which suits ya man.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

And please make sure you Odin the nc2/nc4 kernel recommended by all nc4 Roms. In other words... Follow the directions completely.
22nd August 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwh0r3

Biggins for great theming and a few s5 ported features or delta for stock nc4 themed beautifully. Alliance is great too. Hyperdrive was good. And eclipse is highly modified touchwiz to have aosp features. Here's where the term crack flasher comes in... Flash one and try it. Then try the next. See which suits ya man.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

And please make sure you Odin the nc2/nc4 kernel recommended by all nc4 Roms. In other words... Follow the directions completely.

Yea I read about the nc4 kernal somwhere else. I just didnt try it. Guess I forgot. I'll try flashing again tomorrow. Thx for your time.
22nd August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Millerstown, PA
Thanks Meter: 251
 
673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Its all good man. Glad to help. XDA members are great here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes