Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,667 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] bricked phone please help new to this

Tip us?

treach701
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] bricked phone please help new to this

my note 3 is bricked i have odin and the right samsung drivers but for some reason when i try to download the stock firm wear it says invalid on my crappy laptop can someone please help me any answer will help thank you for your time

donc113
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by treach701 View Post
my note 3 is bricked i have odin and the right samsung drivers but for some reason when i try to download the stock firm wear it says invalid on my crappy laptop can someone please help me any answer will help thank you for your time
Did you extract the .md5.tar file from the .zip file?

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

treach701
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by donc113 View Post
Did you extract the .md5.tar file from the .zip file?

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
can you explain that to me ..please..i used 7zip and did a tar file is that what you supposed to do..but when i download the file when i go to open the zip it says invalid for some reason but when i open it there are all the files in it not sure what to do can you please help me..i am got the file from sammobile

Grompy
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by treach701 View Post
can you explain that to me ..please..i used 7zip and did a tar file is that what you supposed to do..but when i download the file when i go to open the zip it says invalid for some reason but when i open it there are all the files in it not sure what to do can you please help me..i am got the file from sammobile
You're opening the tar file at that point. If it says it's an invalid size or something you're extracting to far. If you download a .7z or .zip just right click it and hit extract. You should end up with a .tar or .md5. That is what you will select in Odin.

KennyG123
Old
(Last edited by KennyG123; 14th August 2014 at 12:56 PM.)
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,197

DONATE TO ME
If there is power (lights, partial boot) it is not bricked. A bricked phone is completely dead. Your phone is soft-bricked.

The advice above is correct. Stop when you get to .tar and put it somewhere you know where it is to put in the PDA slot in Odin.

And please follow forum rules and post your question once and wait for an answer. Do not make more threads for the same problem. Thanks.

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here