Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 Sim into a Razr Maxx?

Tip us?

jmsandy.51@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Note 3 Sim into a Razr Maxx?

I'm trying to "fix" my reception problem. Love everything about my Note 3 except its inability to connect to a signal in a fringe area, The Note 3 has been replaced once already by Verizon for the reception problem. My previous phone was a Razr Maxx. Verizon is my carrier. The reception issue only affects me in an area that I hunt.(I generally hunt alone and communication is a safety issue) I did a side by side comparison with my Note 3 and a Verizon 4g I pad. Where I had absolutely no signal on the Note 3 I had some 4g on the Ipad and 3g was good. I had used the Razr Maxx in the exact same spot with no problem either voice or text. (An internet search seems to indicate that the Motorola radios have been some of the best performing) I still have the Razr Maxx. Can I charge up the Razr Maxx, insert the Sim card from the Note 3 and use it when I am hunting? If that is possible can I get a duplicate Sim card to keep in the Razr Maxx as long as I don't have both phones turned on at the same time? Will Verizon duplicate the Sim card for me or do I have to buy the duplicating equipment I see on line. Thanks.

recDNA
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I have a razr maxx hd as backup and the same problem with my note 3 you do. I will be very curious to see the answer from somebody who has done it. VZW told me not to....they want me to call them to deactivate the n3 and activate the rmhd but this could be an easier, quicker solution...but only if it works uneventfully.

drewcam888
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
I have a razr maxx hd as backup and the same problem with my note 3 you do. I will be very curious to see the answer from somebody who has done it. VZW told me not to....they want me to call them to deactivate the n3 and activate the rmhd but this could be an easier, quicker solution...but only if it works uneventfully.
You cant have duplicate sims. Just take the sim out of the note 3 and put in razr for whatever period of time you want. I switch phones frequently all that is needed on 4G phones is a sim card swap. No calls to VZW
Verizon - Note 3, Nexus, and One M8