Note 3 Unable to Charge

OP UnexplainedBacon

26th July 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mount Vernon WA
Thanks Meter: 13

118 posts
More
So screwed... My Note 3 suddenly wont charge. 70% of the time it doesn't recognize that a charger has been connected. 30% of the time I get an error saying its not charging to protect the phone, and I need to use my original charger. Of course, this is WITH the original charger and cable. I get the same error message with other chargers or connecting to my PC.

I need to get it to Samsung for warranty service, but I am on Beans 6. I dont know what to do. I have 3% and its draining fast. I cant get it charged enough to return to stock.

Help!!! Any suggestions? Is there some known issue with a quick fix? I have rebooted, removed battery, rebooted, rebooted, tried all the different chargers/cables/PCs.... I dont know where to go from here.

Thank you!!!
26th July 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #2  
Gotham
Thanks Meter: 78

584 posts
More
You can buy a universal battery charger from Radio Shack and charge your battery that way.

Hopefully your PC can still recognize your phone so you can flash it back to stock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Last edited by haza12d; 26th July 2014 at 10:32 AM.
26th July 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mount Vernon WA

118 posts
More
I ordered a wireless charging pad from Amazon. Hopefully that works. If it's just the port, it should.

What's odd is my PC can still recognize the phone. Or could, before it died completely. I backed up my perishables to it.

Guess we'll wait and see on Monday.
26th July 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #4  

73 posts
In the meantime you can go on amazon and get the Anker battery kit. It comes with an external charger and two batteries. It costs just $30. I got tired of having to replace my samsung charger due to crap quality so I tried this and it's great. Obviously you'll still have to figure out what to do when you connect to the computer but you can get the Anker kit for now
26th July 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #5  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 230

1,369 posts
More
Your usb port is probably faulty. You can change it yourself, its actually pretty easy. They sell for around $15 on ebay.

Sent from my Galaxy Note S5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread