FORUMS

[Q] OTA 4.4.4 & ToweleRoot

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Temoorzul, Junior Member on 14th January 2015, 05:06 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Greetings I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Verizon flavor and I used the most popular Towelroot which was simple, amazing, and just works however an OTA 4.4.4 has reared its ugly head and I know it would probably fail but I was wondering how to delete the update and what is the directory? I used DisableService and unchecked the google services for the OTA update so it does not continue to bug me however I know the update is still there and I would like to maybe rename it to .bak or delete it from the system folder so just in case Verizon tries to install it on its own accord. So question is where is the directory and what file should I delete or rename

Thank You in advanced

14th January 2015, 01:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temoorzul

Greetings I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Verizon flavor and I used the most popular Towelroot which was simple, amazing, and just works however an OTA 4.4.4 has reared its ugly head and I know it would probably fail but I was wondering how to delete the update and what is the directory? I used DisableService and unchecked the google services for the OTA update so it does not continue to bug me however I know the update is still there and I would like to maybe rename it to .bak or delete it from the system folder so just in case Verizon tries to install it on its own accord. So question is where is the directory and what file should I delete or rename

Thank You in advanced

I'm new to the Note and I would like to disable the update until I can get it to work with Towelroot also.
14th January 2015, 02:33 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
So an update I just frooze the SDM.apk and that seemed to for now stop the annoying update request I think this is temporarily fixed still would like the proper way to stop it from trying to update

Also for the individual who replied to my post towelroot works with certain builds so go to the Web site and check your build on the Note

Sent from my Note 3 using XDA mobile app
14th January 2015, 03:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temoorzul

So an update I just frooze the SDM.apk and that seemed to for now stop the annoying update request I think this is temporarily fixed still would like the proper way to stop it from trying to update

Also for the individual who replied to my post towelroot works with certain builds so go to the Web site and check your build on the Note

Sent from my Note 3 using XDA mobile app

This is not temporary and it IS the correct way to prevent further updates on our devices. Disabling or completely removing sdm.apk is the way to go. Should not have to worry about that update now.
The Following User Says Thank You to christianpeso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2015, 03:48 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you for the info and clarification should I deleted that 500 mb update and where can I find it and what is the file name? I read somewhere to rename it .bak but I can't seem to find it

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread