Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,085 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] question about restoring with safestrap

Tip us?
 
urahoho
Old
(Last edited by urahoho; 10th July 2014 at 08:39 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default [Q] question about restoring with safestrap

So I am rooted with bajarom on my stock rom slot. I also odin the nc2 baseband.

I am sending my phone back to verizon since they are sending me a replacement phone and I want to restore it back or factory settings.

I did create a backup of my phone using safestrap on the mje baseband when I first got it. Do you think it will be ok to wipe the stock rom slot and use safestrap to restore the original rom?

Do I need to odin back to mje or can I leave it?

Will this also remove the unlock sign in the front?

Thanks
 
airmaxx23
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 942
Posts: 3,178
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Colton, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by urahoho View Post
So I am rooted with bajarom on my stock rom slot. I also odin the nc2 baseband.

I am sending my phone back to verizon since they are sending me a replacement phone and I want to restore it back or factory settings.

I did create a backup of my phone using safestrap on the mje baseband when I first got it. Do you think it will be ok to wipe the stock rom slot and use safestrap to restore the original rom?

Do I need to odin back to mje or can I leave it?

Will this also remove the unlock sign in the front?

Thanks

You can try restoring a backup from one device onto another but it may not work.

Yes, you should Odin back to MJE before you send it back, before you use Odin download the Triangle Away app (search xda for it) and once installed hit "reset flash counter" to be sure the unlocked sign gets removed.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"
 
kinstre11
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hobe Sound
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
Yes, you should Odin back to MJE before you send it back, before you use Odin download the Triangle Away app (search xda for it) and once installed hit "reset flash counter" to be sure the unlocked sign gets removed.
If you want full stock unrooted use odin to flash a stock tar, whether it is MJE OR NC4 if you're getting a new phone it doesn't matter. Flashing via odin will completely wipe your system and restore it to stock. There is probably no need to pay for Triangle Away because using Safestrap doesn't trip the flash counter, I have Triangle Away for cosmetic purposes, but I have flashed several roms and zips and the app says I have 0 flashes. The custom icon (padlock) at the boot screen will go away after flashing the stock tar via odin. If you see it after the first boot it will be gone after you reboot so long as you don't reroot.
 
airmaxx23
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 942
Posts: 3,178
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Colton, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinstre11 View Post
If you want full stock unrooted use odin to flash a stock tar, whether it is MJE OR NC4 if you're getting a new phone it doesn't matter. Flashing via odin will completely wipe your system and restore it to stock. There is probably no need to pay for Triangle Away because using Safestrap doesn't trip the flash counter, I have Triangle Away for cosmetic purposes, but I have flashed several roms and zips and the app says I have 0 flashes. The custom icon (padlock) at the boot screen will go away after flashing the stock tar via odin. If you see it after the first boot it will be gone after you reboot so long as you don't reroot.
There's been a few times for me where flashing and rebooting the stock tar did not remove the unlock icon. You can get Triangle Away for free from the Developer right here on XDA.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"
 
kinstre11
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hobe Sound
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
There's been a few times for me where flashing and rebooting the stock tar did not remove the unlock icon. You can get Triangle Away for free from the Developer right here on XDA.
Good to know.
 
bkabner1
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2014
Custom Icon will go away with flashing stock .tar file in odin if you pull battery when you see Android dude and boot in to stock recovery and wipe data/factory reset...or at least in my experience it does. Seems like sometimes when you odin the stock .tar and do not wipe data/factory reset it doesn't completely wipe data.
 
kinstre11
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hobe Sound
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkabner1 View Post
Custom Icon will go away with flashing stock .tar file in odin if you pull battery when you see Android dude and boot in to stock recovery and wipe data/factory reset...or at least in my experience it does. Seems like sometimes when you odin the stock .tar and do not wipe data/factory reset it doesn't completely wipe data.
I forgot the importance of factory reset. I flashed a stock tar through odin once and everything was messed up. After factory reset everything was fine.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes