Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,530 Members 42,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unknown Baseband - No Service

Tip us?

fourstreetryan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unknown Baseband - No Service

So I was playing with Xposed modules on my Note 3 recently and somewhere along the line messed up my data connection, i.e. it won't work. I figured by installing a custom Rom I'd fix the problem. It didn't work as planned. I believe I corrupted the EFS on my device, as my baseband version says "unknown." I've reflashed the stock rom to my phone, but it didn't help.

My question is: What options do I have to fix my EFS files to regain connection to the network?

bkabner1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you tried finding the modem .tar file for you phone and flashing with Odin?

kinstre11
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstreetryan View Post
My question is: What options do I have to fix my EFS files to regain connection to the network?
Reflashing a modem via odin may work as bkabner1 suggested, but that may not fix settings that may have been altered. You may be able to fix the problem via Service Mode All Things "ServiceMode" Related, but I would be careful with what you change in these settings.
Simply flashing a new rom via Safestrap likely won't reset system level settings like data/wifi. You may need to reflash a stock tar via odin > factory reset > then reroot. The reason I say this is that I am unsure what would happen if you factory reset on a custom rom (I've never done it, or seen it recommended). Stock tars can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2524572.