OP jlitew

2nd September 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
SM-N900V
Stock Android 4.3
SafeStrap 3.71

I've tried installing both Cyanogenmod and AOKP onto my Note 3 via SafeStrap. Both 'install' successfully yet upon boot (after continuing past recovery) I'm left with a blank black screen with no sign of progress.

For both I've been installing alongside my stock rom, the steps I follow:
1. Wipe data/cache/dalvik (twice)
2. Install rom + gapps
3. Wipe cache/dalvik
4. Reboot

I'm guessing my issue could come down to a multitude of reasons, in the long run I want to achieve running a great rom on my Note 3 alongside my stock rom. So more or less if someone could point me in the right direction of where success has been found in the past, that would be great!
2nd September 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #2  
Flag Da' Hood
Thanks Meter: 301

1,032 posts
More
This will never work as the Retail Note 3 has a locked bootloader so you can NOT flash the kernel that is for CM or AKOP. You are stuck with TouchWiz ROM's. There is no way around it.
2nd September 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymade

This will never work as the Retail Note 3 has a locked bootloader so you can NOT flash the kernel that is for CM or AKOP. You are stuck with TouchWiz ROM's. There is no way around it.

Okay. That I did not know, I'm guessing the Verizon version of CM is for the developer edition? Otherwise, what are some of the best TouchWiz roms?
2nd September 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Da' Hood
Thanks Meter: 301

1,032 posts
More
Correct. The DE edition has an unlocked bootloader. Go to the development thread there are several great ROM's. Can't tell you what to use as everyone wants something different. I run my own rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread