Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Why am I stuck on a dead screen after ROM?

OP jinh0o

2nd August 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I'm new to this so I have probably screwed up big time. I have rooted my Note 3 device and downloaded the latest ss in hopes to try out a rom.
Restarted and booted into recovery, made a backup of my stock before wiping the main partition(dalvik,data,cache,system)

I've tried to flash the new alliance zip and the proceeded to reboot, but after the SafeStrap 10 second prompt, the screen just goes black and posts nothing.
2nd August 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 108

853 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinh0o

I'm new to this so I have probably screwed up big time. I have rooted my Note 3 device and downloaded the latest ss in hopes to try out a rom.
Restarted and booted into recovery, made a backup of my stock before wiping the main partition(dalvik,data,cache,system)

I've tried to flash the new alliance zip and the proceeded to reboot, but after the SafeStrap 10 second prompt, the screen just goes black and posts nothing.

Was it a kit kat rom? Are you on a stock kit kat rom? If youre on a jelly bean rom youll have to flash the kit kat modem through odin first

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to noesilva For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noesilva

Was it a kit kat rom? Are you on a stock kit kat rom? If youre on a jelly bean rom youll have to flash the kit kat modem through odin first

i am on 4.4.2.is that kit kat?
2nd August 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 108

853 posts
Yes

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

I was still on jelly bean but tried to install a kit kat rom and thats why it wouldn't work I needed to install the kit kat safestrap and kit kat modem

2nd August 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thumbs down
turns out it isnt just the one rom. I tried another rom and its the same, Black screen.

Perhaps it's due to some uninstalled apps on titanium backup? I just deleted bloatwares and froze knox.
3rd August 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 381

1,666 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinh0o

turns out it isnt just the one rom. I tried another rom and its the same, Black screen.

Perhaps it's due to some uninstalled apps on titanium backup? I just deleted bloatwares and froze knox.

Need to Odin the nc2 kernel. ..sorry out walking the dog , but there are a few posts detailing how to flash roms on the Ota base.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjh68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread