[Q] Why am I stuck on a dead screen after ROM?

Search This thread

jinh0o

Jul 15, 2014
I'm new to this so I have probably screwed up big time. I have rooted my Note 3 device and downloaded the latest ss in hopes to try out a rom.
Restarted and booted into recovery, made a backup of my stock before wiping the main partition(dalvik,data,cache,system)

I've tried to flash the new alliance zip and the proceeded to reboot, but after the SafeStrap 10 second prompt, the screen just goes black and posts nothing.

noesilva

Sep 27, 2010
I'm new to this so I have probably screwed up big time. I have rooted my Note 3 device and downloaded the latest ss in hopes to try out a rom.
Restarted and booted into recovery, made a backup of my stock before wiping the main partition(dalvik,data,cache,system)

I've tried to flash the new alliance zip and the proceeded to reboot, but after the SafeStrap 10 second prompt, the screen just goes black and posts nothing.

Was it a kit kat rom? Are you on a stock kit kat rom? If youre on a jelly bean rom youll have to flash the kit kat modem through odin first

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: jinh0o

noesilva

Sep 27, 2010
Yes

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

I was still on jelly bean but tried to install a kit kat rom and thats why it wouldn't work I needed to install the kit kat safestrap and kit kat modem

jinh0o

Jul 15, 2014
turns out it isnt just the one rom. I tried another rom and its the same, Black screen.

Perhaps it's due to some uninstalled apps on titanium backup? I just deleted bloatwares and froze knox.

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
turns out it isnt just the one rom. I tried another rom and its the same, Black screen.

Perhaps it's due to some uninstalled apps on titanium backup? I just deleted bloatwares and froze knox.
Need to Odin the nc2 kernel. ..sorry out walking the dog , but there are a few posts detailing how to flash roms on the Ota base.

Reactions: jinh0o

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Was it a kit kat rom? Are you on a stock kit kat rom? If youre on a jelly bean rom youll have to flash the kit kat modem through odin first

Need to Odin the nc2 kernel. ..sorry out walking the dog , but there are a few posts detailing how to flash roms on the Ota base.