Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Need to Unbrick My Phone

OP Whitechapel420

26th August 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
It started yesterday with me attempting to install 4.4.2 fresh on rom slot 1. Now the phone loops, it can't boot into safe strap either. So in short: I'm dead in the water.

How can I unbrick my Verizon Note 3? I couldn't find any clear/concise instructions. I obviously need to do something through ODIN 3 as I don't have access to Safestrap or an OS.
26th August 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 351

384 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitechapel420

It started yesterday with me attempting to install 4.4.2 fresh on rom slot 1. Now the phone loops, it can't boot into safe strap either. So in short: I'm dead in the water.

How can I unbrick my Verizon Note 3? I couldn't find any clear/concise instructions. I obviously need to do something through ODIN 3 as I don't have access to Safestrap or an OS.

You need to use Odin and flash whatever firmware you had previously on your phone. Look here for the firmware you need to place in Odin and after it runs the cycle, you'll be back to a fresh start.

You also want to keep that link handy just in case this happens again and make sure you follow the OP instructions to the last letter. I know it can be exciting to get root and flash a ROM, but sometimes it's better to read the instructions twice over so you don't skip a step and end up soft bricking.

If anything helped or helps, please hit the thanks
Last edited by Shaggy Kobain; 26th August 2014 at 03:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaggy Kobain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitechapel420

What was in your stock slot and what rom were you trying to load? I recently unbricked mine with Odin and the MJ7 and started over. I ended up with a bad rom download
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread