New to using custom roms, stuck
Hi, all. I am new to rooting/installing custom roms and I am stuck. I am installing Jasmin 2.0 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2760380
) and have been following the directions but I am unable to get my laptop (a Macbook Air, I know, I know) to detect my phone in "Download Mode". Since I'm using a Mac, I tried using Heimdall and it still won't detect it. I'm kind of at a loss here. For reference, here are the steps from the thread. I am stuck going from Step 8 to 9. I don't know what to do because I've already installed Jasmin and if I try to just turn on the phone to get into the OS, it just sits at a black screen for a long time after the safestrap splash screen that says "Safestrap Disabled".
1. Root your device using TowelRoot & install SuperSu app
2. Install BusyBox Installer from Play Store
3. Open BusyBox Installer, grant root access & install BusyBox
4. Install the latest Safestrap for your firmware (JB/KK)
5. Boot into Safestrap & select Stock/JasmineROM Slot
6. Wipe data/system/cache/dalvik for clean flash
7. Flash the latest JasmineROM release
8. Reboot to Download Mode from Safestrap
9. If you're coming from JB, flash Firmware upgrading from JB via Odin
10. If you're coming from KK, flash Unified KK Firmware for RE via Odin
11. Reboot to system (be patient, the first boot may take a long time!)
12. If you're coming from JB, open Safestrap, uninstall & reinstall recovery
Any help would be great, thanks! Sorry if I need to give more information, as I am new to this.