Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] towel root phone crashing

Tip us?

waterbottels
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] towel root phone crashing

I rooted my phone using towel root, everything seemed fine until it started randomly crashing. Now the crashing happens like this, the screen will freeze (with like weird tearing) then either restart or stay frozen. The only root app I use is wifi tether router. I did notice supersu will fail to update the binaries. Not sure if that could be a cause.
My question is how do I unroot it. So I can at least attempt any kind of fix. I'm still under warranty.
Can anyone help me at all? Please

kinstre11
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbottels View Post
I rooted my phone using towel root, everything seemed fine until it started randomly crashing. Now the crashing happens like this, the screen will freeze (with like weird tearing) then either restart or stay frozen. The only root app I use is wifi tether router. I did notice supersu will fail to update the binaries. Not sure if that could be a cause.
My question is how do I unroot it. So I can at least attempt any kind of fix. I'm still under warranty.
Can anyone help me at all? Please
A thorough way to unroot and reset everything is to Odin back to stock and then do a factory reset. The stock tar can be found here.
The Following User Says Thank You to kinstre11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waterbottels
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinstre11 View Post
A thorough way to unroot and reset everything is to Odin back to stock and then do a factory reset. The stock tar can be found here.
I was able to get supersu to work again, could I do an unroot through that even if I used towelroot?

kinstre11
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbottels View Post
I was able to get supersu to work again, could I do an unroot through that even if I used towelroot?
There is an unroot option in SuperSU (although I've never done it so I don't know if it actually unroots or just cleans up things to allow a clean unroot. The other thing I'm not sure it does is restore Knox which is something that will be checked for by the manufacturer). If you're taking your phone back or sending it in under warranty you probably should make sure you uninstall anything you need root for prior to unrooting, but if you're on a custom rom or want to make sure everything is back to factory (including Knox) I would recommend doing what I suggested in my last post.
The Following User Says Thank You to kinstre11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]