Various Note 3 questions?

Search This thread

buckeyestilidie

Apr 9, 2013
I'm kinda trying to figure out what the difference is between the N2 and N4. I am already rooted and wanting to put Alliance rom on it, but I need recovery for that and I can't do the recovery before I figure out what I have. If someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Also I read your supposed to put it into the stock slot and I always remember from my Droid Razr days how stock slot was off limits. Is it bad or dangerous to put it in the stock slot if so?

Shaggy Kobain

Apr 26, 2014
Tampa
I'm kinda trying to figure out what the difference is between the N2 and N4. I am already rooted and wanting to put Alliance rom on it, but I need recovery for that and I can't do the recovery before I figure out what I have. If someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Also I read your supposed to put it into the stock slot and I always remember from my Droid Razr days how stock slot was off limits. Is it bad or dangerous to put it in the stock slot if so?

The difference is the radio signal strength, and it depends on your area. I went thru all 3 ( MJE, NC2 & NC4) and found that MJE was best suited for me. If you came from MJE and didn't take the OTA, then you can check which of the 3 is better for you. If you came from OTA then you're stuck on NC4, sorry.

You can go to:

Settings > About phone > Baseband Version

That will tell you what you are running, ie NC2 or NC4

You then would simply follow the OP instructions to the ROM of your choosing.

SafeStrap is as close to recovery as it gets with the locked bootloader. I have run 2 different ROMS on my Stock Slot and have had no issues. The unfortunate thing about the ROM slots, it appears, that when you run off of them you run into battery draining and phone lags. It's a known issue, but has not been true for all. I found that I lost more battery life on ROM slots 1-3, and the 4th not as much so I use it to set up my ROM to my liking and make the back up to run off Stock Slot. So, yes, you are safe to run off of Stock Slot.

Hopefully that answers some of the questions, if not all, and you get up and running soon.

One last thing..... when you do get your ROM running, remember to allow 5-7 days for the ROM to "settle" for the outstanding battery life that all of these developers have incorporated into their ROMS.

-Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you found ANY of this helpful-

Last edited:

buckeyestilidie

Apr 9, 2013
The difference is the radio signal strength, and it depends on your area. I went thru all 3 ( MJE, NC2 & NC4) and found that MJE was best suited for me. If you came from MJE and didn't take the OTA, then you can check which of the 3 is better for you. If you came from OTA then you're stuck on NC4, sorry.

You can go to:

SafeStrap is as close to recovery as it gets with the locked bootloader. I have run 2 different ROMS on my Stock Slot and have had no issues. The unfortunate thing about the ROM slots, it appears, that when you run off of them you run into battery draining and phone lags. It's a known issue, but has not been true for all. I found that I lost more battery life on ROM slots 1-3, and the 4th not as much so I use it to set up my ROM to my liking and make the back up to run off Stock Slot. So, yes, you are safe to run off of Stock Slot.

Hopefully that answers some of the questions, if not all, and you get up and running soon.

One last thing..... when you do get your ROM running, remember to allow 5-7 days for the ROM to "settle" for the outstanding battery life that all of these developers have incorporated into their ROMS.

No doubt I did lol, so I experience no battery drain if I stick it in the stock slot?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Shaggy Kobain

Apr 26, 2014
Tampa
I am currently trying to install safestrap. I donwloaded the 3.72 apk and went to hit install recovery and it says it's installed, but it says state:not installed. Any ideas where I did something wrong?

Like this?

If so, you're good to go

Attachments

• ss.png
    ss.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 35

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can go to: