No registration required

[Q] How to restore nandroid on developer edition

OP texasez

11th December 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lubbock Tx
Thanks Meter: 18

513 posts
I am stuck on the start up screen which shows Samsung Note 3 and Custom. I have an old nandroid file but how do I put the file somewhere where TWRP can find it. It will not show up on the micro sd card. I cannot access anything on the phone by plugging it in to the computer. I dont know how I got in this mess but I did the full wipe on twrp and I could never get past the start up screen after that. I have tried to flash alliance 2 but it never gets past the start up screen. I cannot flash a custom kernel. I show it failed.
Any suggestions. Again this is developer edition.
11th December 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 89

281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez

I am stuck on the start up screen which shows Samsung Note 3 and Custom. I have an old nandroid file but how do I put the file somewhere where TWRP can find it. It will not show up on the micro sd card. I cannot access anything on the phone by plugging it in to the computer. I dont know how I got in this mess but I did the full wipe on twrp and I could never get past the start up screen after that. I have tried to flash alliance 2 but it never gets past the start up screen. I cannot flash a custom kernel. I show it failed.
Any suggestions. Again this is developer edition.

When TWRP makes a nandroid backup, whether on sd card or on the internal storage, it creates it inside several folders like /[storage]/twrp/serial_number_folder/... , the backup you made, is it still inside that level of storage folders? if you can get to twrp / recovery mode, it should let you search for the path of the nandroid backup. If that doesn't work, go to beans' file collection thread in the Development forum, there he has a MJE full restore tar file for the dev edition, make sure you use that one and not one of the retail edition tars. Flash the MJE dev edition full tar file through Odin, and it should put you back at an almost fully stock dev edition setup, then from there you should be able to get into your phone and find your nandroid backup and restore in twrp, or you can install other roms. Make sure you DON't restore /efs in twrp, it'll mess up your phone's nv partition and then there's almost no way to fix that, so when restoring in twrp, always make sure the check mark next to efs is OFF, do not restore /efs from twrp. Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread