Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 41,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What would you do

Tip us?

Jaybenosa
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default What would you do

So I currently have a note 2 and I'm debating if I should buy a note 3 of the classifieds or wait for the note 4. I'm new to the note 3 forums and not sure if the note 3 can be rooted and unlocked. The way Samsung is going, idk if the note 4 will be unlock able or even rooted. So idk what to do. My note 2 is starting to get real beat up and I don't know which route I should go. Any input would help. Thanks in advance!!!

@SidDev
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Default wait for note 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybenosa View Post
So I currently have a note 2 and I'm debating if I should buy a note 3 of the classifieds or wait for the note 4. I'm new to the note 3 forums and not sure if the note 3 can be rooted and unlocked. The way Samsung is going, idk if the note 4 will be unlock able or even rooted. So idk what to do. My note 2 is starting to get real beat up and I don't know which route I should go. Any input would help. Thanks in advance!!!
wait for note 4
it will be 64 bit and 4 GB ram
and we always find a way to root our phone.
happy to help you .

kinstre11
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev View Post
wait for note 4
it will be 64 bit and 4 GB ram
and we always find a way to root our phone.
Those specs are speculated as no official info on the N4 has been released, and the only leaked info (which was a pic of a manufacturer's spec list which could be easily faked) actually shows 3gb ram.
We won't know anything until Samsung announces the N4 in September as expected, and given Verizon's recent track record the N4 may be out for a while before a method for root is found.

@SidDev
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinstre11 View Post
Those specs are speculated as no official info on the N4 has been released, and the only leaked info (which was a pic of a manufacturer's spec list which could be easily faked) actually shows 3gb ram.
We won't know anything until Samsung announces the N4 in September as expected, and given Verizon's recent track record the N4 may be out for a while before a method for root is found.
it will definitely have 4 GB ram as Android L will support it
and its better to wait for a better phone than regret later.
happy to help you .

kinstre11
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev View Post
its better to wait for a better phone than regret later.
I don't disagree with you there, September is not that far away.