FORUMS

Please lend me ROM guidance

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By skidawgz, Junior Member on 16th August 2014, 04:53 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I never allowed the first big update (im on 4.3), assuming Verizon would slow my phone down. So, what steps and which ROM do you suggest? I am really just looking to tether(wired and wireless) and want the phone to stay smooth. I don't want to lose any S-Pen or Samsung functions but do not care for Touchwiz.

Thanks for advice!

16th August 2014, 01:15 PM |#2  
RC-RT & Moderator Committees / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 30,566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidawgz

I never allowed the first big update (im on 4.3), assuming Verizon would slow my phone down. So, what steps and which ROM do you suggest? I am really just looking to tether(wired and wireless) and want the phone to stay smooth. I don't want to lose any S-Pen or Samsung functions but do not care for Touchwiz.

Thanks for advice!

S-pen is a touchwiz implementation so for the most part you are stuck there. Go through the stock based ROMs, find something debloated, back up, try it, then maybe look for some AOSP type themes and apps for your phone. You will have to do some of the leg work and research as there is no easy path for you to get what you are asking.
Last edited by KennyG123; 16th August 2014 at 01:17 PM.
16th August 2014, 02:10 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

S-pen is a touchwiz implementation so for the most part you are stuck there. Go through the stock based ROMs, find something debloated, back up, try it, then maybe look for some AOSP type themes and apps for your phone. You will have to do some of the leg work and research as there is no easy path for you to get what you are asking.

Should I accept the OTA update first or does it not matter? I'm not sure what NC2 vs NC4 is.
16th August 2014, 05:19 PM |#4  
Flag Right behind you!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Should I accept the OTA update first or does it not matter? I'm not sure what NC2 vs NC4 is.

Are you on the NC2 kitkat leak? You should read this thread about avoiding ending up with a locked bootloader: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727876
16th August 2014, 05:40 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG123

Are you on the NC2 kitkat leak? You should read this thread about avoiding ending up with a locked bootloader: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727876

nope, i am not. i am on 4.3... and you just saved me from being severly angry later.
16th August 2014, 05:48 PM |#6  
Flag Right behind you!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

nope, i am not. i am on 4.3... and you just saved me from being severly angry later.

Yeah...gotta love Verizon!! OK...so you should proceed as mentioned in that thread. I am a Sprint user but try to keep up on everything under my watch. I will leave you in, I am sure, very capable hands by the awesome Samsung users around here.
17th August 2014, 01:17 PM |#7  
Flag Right behind you!

Donate to Me
More
Looks like there is some hope for your Spen...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611415

But most Samsung apps would still not work without TW.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread