Wifi tether

OP w4itg

14th August 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

187 posts
Ok so I'm tired of flashing ROM's and have home stock rooted on NC4. I really only do it so I can tether for free. So my question is how do I enable tether without getting the warning that I have to pay for it? I can't find entitlement check in settings database on sqlite. Please help. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
14th August 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hobe Sound
Thanks Meter: 24

102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4itg

Ok so I'm tired of flashing ROM's and have home stock rooted on NC4. I really only do it so I can tether for free. So my question is how do I enable tether without getting the warning that I have to pay for it? I can't find entitlement check in settings database on sqlite. Please help. Thanks

The only method I know of is an Xposed module. I know for certain Wanam Xposed has the option to turn off tether provisioning. There seems to be a disconnect when rooting that causes 3rd party apps like what verizon requires to use hotspot/tethering. Many custom apps take care of the issue for us, but as for how to do this without either of the aforementioned solutions I do not know.
14th August 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinstre11

The only method I know of is an Xposed module. I know for certain Wanam Xposed has the option to turn off tether provisioning. There seems to be a disconnect when rooting that causes 3rd party apps like what verizon requires to use hotspot/tethering. Many custom apps take care of the issue for us, but as for how to do this without either of the aforementioned solutions I do not know.

Thanks for trying. All of the ROM devs do it somehow. Even stripped down objective rom is able to do it. I was just wondering how? I made the big mistake of doing a full data wipe on the stock slot and bricked my phone big time. I had to Odin NC4 tar file to bring it back and now am 100% stock rooted and frankly becoming bored with flashing stuff. Almost ready to go to Crapple but there's no working around the tether provision on there I'm sure. I just can't seem to find anything to my liking.

Once again thanks you're the only one that's ever answered me after asking twice. :thumbup:

14th August 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hobe Sound

102 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for trying. All of the ROM devs do it somehow. Even stripped down objective rom is able to do it. I was just wondering how? I made the big mistake of doing a full data wipe on the stock slot and bricked my phone big time. I had to Odin NC4 tar file to bring it back and now am 100% stock rooted and frankly becoming bored with flashing stuff. Almost ready to go to Crapple but there's no working around the tether provision on there I'm sure. I just can't seem to find anything to my liking.

Once again thanks you're the only one that's ever answered me after asking twice. :thumbup:

My pleasure.
Just taking a guess but I think it would be a build.prop edit.
I hear you about flashing roms, I have flashed many times. Of course along the way I have learned a lot, not enough to give in to the desire to learn how to dev yet, lmao. I also know the woes of the "OMG did I brick my phone?" But still I would never go to Apple. I really don't like proprietary companies, as Samsung has become a big one, I may never buy a Samsung again, however the great thing about Android is that we have choices, and as reluctant as I have been and even still am, as a consumer I have the choice to leave Verizon for someone how will give me the freedoms I believe I pay for. So far I just haven't been willing to sacrifice certain benefits, but as they become more and more outweighed by imposed restrictions, capitalism gives me the right to choose what who I give my money to.
15th August 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

187 posts
Quote:

My pleasure.
Just taking a guess but I think it would be a build.prop edit.

I have no idea how to do build.prop edits. Really all I would like is a nice simple ROM with some light theming, "inverted theming actually", that I can add what I want. Objective ROM seems awesome but I can't seem to find a set of inverted apps to my liking. I ran Objective for one night went to bed @ 90% & woke up at 90% 7 hours later although at that point I didn't add anything to it. Really the only app I can't find inverted that will work is Gmail.

I really wish I knew how to do some of this stuff myself I'd make my own ROM but I haven't a clue.

Once again thanks. :thumbup:

15th August 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #6  
Flag Hobe Sound

102 posts
More
Quote:

I have no idea how to do build.prop edits. Really all I would like is a nice simple ROM with some light theming, "inverted theming actually", that I can add what I want. Objective ROM seems awesome but I can't seem to find a set of inverted apps to my liking. I ran Objective for one night went to bed @ 90% & woke up at 90% 7 hours later although at that point I didn't add anything to it. Really the only app I can't find inverted that will work is Gmail.

I really wish I knew how to do some of this stuff myself I'd make my own ROM but I haven't a clue.

Once again thanks. :thumbup:

I have the same desires for inverted apps, and of course the couple of people that actually work on themed Gapps seem to keep Gmail on the back burner. I used All Backs Black theme which covers most TW stuff (settings, dialer, mms). I was on Objective for a while but then I learned how to debloat myself because some things I wanted to use on Objective were broken because of everything that has been removed from that rom. What I've found is that with a good amount of debloating, battery life can be good on any rom. While never quite as good as on Objective, Eclipse and Alliance have both shown good battery length. For example yesterday after reflashing Alliance to fix something I broke, I started with around 60% at about 2pm, and put it on charge at around 20% at around 9pm. The entire time my screen was on and I was doing stuff on it. 7 hours of on screen time for 40% battery and all before the 48 hour period of rom settlement.
My standby battery drain is almost always as it was on Objective losing no more than 2% over an 8 hour period.
15th August 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

187 posts
Quote:

I have the same desires for inverted apps, and of course the couple of people that actually work on themed Gapps seem to keep Gmail on the back burner. I used All Backs Black theme which covers most TW stuff (settings, dialer, mms). I was on Objective for a while but then I learned how to debloat myself because some things I wanted to use on Objective were broken because of everything that has been removed from that rom. What I've found is that with a good amount of debloating, battery life can be good on any rom. While never quite as good as on Objective, Eclipse and Alliance have both shown good battery length. For example yesterday after reflashing Alliance to fix something I broke, I started with around 60% at about 2pm, and put it on charge at around 20% at around 9pm. The entire time my screen was on and I was doing stuff on it. 7 hours of on screen time for 40% battery and all before the 48 hour period of rom settlement.
My standby battery drain is almost always as it was on Objective losing no more than 2% over an 8 hour period.

I also tried that All Backs Black theme (kudos to him). I also tried Eclipse (1st ROM I ever flashed on a phone, OG Moto Razr) but it doesn't come stock inverted for the most part and requires you to pay now to get the inverted theming (boo).

I just want something nice and simple like Objective and dark theming (only so it's easier to see when I'm driving especially at night, my eyes are very sensitive to light). I really don't use all of the cool features of this phone because I really only have it for it's screen size & being able to use the pen for swiping (typing). I'm a truck driver in case you can't tell & just need to stay connected while on the road. I've just recently starting using email to communicate with dispatch and the office so I don't need a whole lot of features on my phone. It's why I liked Objective so much.

15th August 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #8  
Flag Hobe Sound

102 posts
More
Quote:

I also tried that All Backs Black theme (kudos to him). I also tried Eclipse (1st ROM I ever flashed on a phone, OG Moto Razr) but it doesn't come stock inverted for the most part and requires you to pay now to get the inverted theming (boo).

I just want something nice and simple like Objective and dark theming (only so it's easier to see when I'm driving especially at night, my eyes are very sensitive to light). I really don't use all of the cool features of this phone because I really only have it for it's screen size & being able to use the pen for swiping (typing). I'm a truck driver in case you can't tell & just need to stay connected while on the road. I've just recently starting using email to communicate with dispatch and the office so I don't need a whole lot of features on my phone. It's why I liked Objective so much.

Completely understandable. Good luck with your tethering situation.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread