Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wiping internal storage

Tip us?
 
ericdmiller
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 55
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Wiping internal storage

Hello,

When installing new ROMs I always follow the procedure to Wipe (Dalvik, Data, Cache & System), Install and Reboot. However, I'm noticing a lot of files remain on my internal storage. For example, all my photos in the DCIM folder on internal storage. Do I need to chose the "Format Data" option to wipe this data? I would prefer to have a clean wipe before installing a new ROM. Will doing the "Format Data" wipe also remove Root?

Thanks
 
repsol_23
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 272
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdmiller View Post
Hello,

When installing new ROMs I always follow the procedure to Wipe (Dalvik, Data, Cache & System), Install and Reboot. However, I'm noticing a lot of files remain on my internal storage. For example, all my photos in the DCIM folder on internal storage. Do I need to chose the "Format Data" option to wipe this data? I would prefer to have a clean wipe before installing a new ROM. Will doing the "Format Data" wipe also remove Root?

Thanks
This should help you with the format. I've used this procedure many times already.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2798223

Hope this helps.
 
ericdmiller
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 55
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsol_23 View Post
This should help you with the format. I've used this procedure many times already.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2798223

Hope this helps.
Awesome, thank you. This will not remove root, correct?

Appreciate the info.
 
repsol_23
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 272
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdmiller View Post
Awesome, thank you. This will not remove root, correct?

Appreciate the info.
Root will stay thru this process!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes