FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Watch Any NFL Game Being Broadcast Via Chromecast

5th October 2014, 10:58 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Hey everyone,

I just set this up today and it worked great. I am a Steelers fan, but I live in Bengals country. That means I don't get to see many Steelers games, because they aren't broadcasts locally on TV.

So I used a GPS spoofing app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.fakegps.fre

And a Chromecast dongle hooked to my TV:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...chromecast.app

And the NFL Mobile app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...center.us.lite

Enable "Mock Locations" in Developer Options.

Open Fake GPS app and enable a location where you know your game is broadcasting.

Open NFL mobile app and voila!! You now have access to the local games being broadcast on FOX and CBS for wherever you set your fake GPS location to.

You also need to enable "Screen Cast" in the Chromecast app, so you can mirror your phone screen to the TV. Set your screen timeout as high as you can.

I'm sure someone has already done this, but this was my first time, and it worked like a charm.

You may have to kill the NFL app to get it to switch locations as you change your fake GPS location. I always set my location first, then make sure my NFL mobile app is completely killed. Then just restart the NFL app. The new games should populate in the watch now section.

Hope this comes in handy to someone!

Sent From The Darkside Sucka's!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mwshows For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th October 2014, 05:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Nice I'm going 2 try this this weekend

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
10th October 2014, 06:29 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The GPS spoofing should still work, but you can no longer screencast NFL mobile. It's blocked on the TV as of last night.

We need an app or something that will cloak the screen mirroring...
The Following User Says Thank You to venomclay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th October 2014, 05:32 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by venomclay

The GPS spoofing should still work, but you can no longer screencast NFL mobile. It's blocked on the TV as of last night.

We need an app or something that will cloak the screen mirroring...

Of course they would do that! I hope they didn't see my post LOL.

16th October 2014, 01:34 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Use AllCast to stream anything to Chrome cast.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Inkedadrenaline For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 06:55 PM |#6  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I thought you had to purchase an added service to get this to work...?
17th October 2014, 02:33 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
RE:
The NFL mobile app developers must have read your post because now Chromecast mirroring does not work and neither does allowing mock locations using an gps spoofer.

They have a DRM protection in there. It checks to see if your phone is running mock locations and/or has developer options turned on. It also does not work with SideSync. It seems to be recognizing the dual streaming over a wifi connection.
17th October 2014, 04:30 AM |#8  
Flag Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsot5

The NFL mobile app developers must have read your post because now Chromecast mirroring does not work and neither does allowing mock locations using an gps spoofer.

They have a DRM protection in there. It checks to see if your phone is running mock locations and/or has developer options turned on. It also does not work with SideSync. It seems to be recognizing the dual streaming over a wifi connection.

The location spoofing seems to still be working fine for me. Did you get a recent update or something?
17th October 2014, 06:05 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbrown

The location spoofing seems to still be working fine for me. Did you get a recent update or something?

No recent update since the Oct date that has been mentioned. Fake GPS app that the first poster noted did not work with nfl mobile. Samsung Galaxy S4 being used. Perhaps you have a different device.
17th October 2014, 10:55 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsot5

No recent update since the Oct date that has been mentioned. Fake GPS app that the first poster noted did not work with nfl mobile. Samsung Galaxy S4 being used. Perhaps you have a different device.

I just tried gps spoofing and it's still working. But NFL app seems to have blocked this now. Someone needs to "fix" the NFL app Lol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread