Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd September 2014, 08:32 PM |#31  
Flag Mount Dora
Thanks Meter: 90

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

For those on NHA deodexed here is a flashable zip for this mod. Again this is only for the deodexed NHA ROM.

Disable VZW CD Installer

MD5: 41f1a351efd4aab85cc8e18534bdc3dc

Can I use this on an odexed rom? haha, joking.
The Following User Says Thank You to lancelinksp For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th November 2014, 07:39 PM |#32  
Flag Mount Dora

Donate to Me
More
Im currently using stock N12 so I'm odexed. I tried going the route of renaming files to .bak extensions and using this zip provided but with the modified services .jar from Ricks Rom v19.2 and Everything runs fine but when I plug in to my computer it still goes straight to 'Connected As An Installer'. Anyone have an alternate services.jar known to be working so I don't have to download another full rom just for that file? Thanks in advance
13th November 2014, 08:22 PM |#33  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelinksp

Im currently using stock N12 so I'm odexed. I tried going the route of renaming files to .bak extensions and using this zip provided but with the modified services .jar from Ricks Rom v19.2 and Everything runs fine but when I plug in to my computer it still goes straight to 'Connected As An Installer'. Anyone have an alternate services.jar known to be working so I don't have to download another full rom just for that file? Thanks in advance

The file from my ROM works as it should. It goes strait to installer but no installer pops up and goes to media device in about one second. This is how the mod works.
13th November 2014, 08:24 PM |#34  
Flag Mount Dora

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The file from my ROM works as it should. It goes strait to installer but no installer pops up and goes to media device in about one second. This is how the mod works.

Yeah, mine just stays on Installer though. Not sure why.
13th November 2014, 08:33 PM |#35  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelinksp

Yeah, mine just stays on Installer though. Not sure why.

The services.odex probably is still there. That needs to be deleted. Flash the attached zip and it should be good after that.

Attachment 3013628
Last edited by Misterxtc; 14th May 2015 at 02:17 PM.
13th November 2014, 08:54 PM |#36  
Flag Mount Dora

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The services.odex probably is still there. That needs to be deleted. Flash the attached zip and it should be good after that.

Attachment 3013628

I will try your zip but I just verified that my services.odex is indeed renamed to services.odex.bak

Thanks for making the zip for me regardless.
25th January 2015, 07:57 PM |#37  
Flag 057
Thanks Meter: 20

More
sooo... foolishly attempted this on stock NI2 and had no nandroid (i know stupid)

phone locked as soon as I renamed services.jar to services.jar.bak and boots to verizon screen only : /

I could odin back to stock at this point but before I do figured Id try my hand at adb... was hoping someone could help with with the push/pull (what I need to type) so I can pull the .bak rename back to normal, push it back in, and better prepare myself before attempting again...

thanks in advance for any help you can provide
25th January 2015, 08:21 PM |#38  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Havasu
Thanks Meter: 1,754

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodKil

sooo... foolishly attempted this on stock NI2 and had no nandroid (i know stupid)

phone locked as soon as I renamed services.jar to services.jar.bak and boots to verizon screen only : /

I could odin back to stock at this point but before I do figured Id try my hand at adb... was hoping someone could help with with the push/pull (what I need to type) so I can pull the .bak rename back to normal, push it back in, and better prepare myself before attempting again...

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Just take this flashable zip and copy it to your SD Card. You will have to remove the SD Card and copy it to the card with your computer.

Then boot the phone into TWRP recovery and flash this.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934517212
25th January 2015, 09:53 PM |#39  
Flag 057
Thanks Meter: 20

More
thanks

couldnt find a way to get twrp on phone (non dev edition) and wasnt sure if safe strap was good enough (new to gs5 and I know from the past some recoveries have quirks from phone to phone)

for now just odined back to stock and im in process of rerooting (and making a nandroid this time :x)

Ill likely be back to try this again in a day or two after im a bit more read up on this phone... that connected as an installer is quite annoying
31st January 2015, 02:06 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Using the method to remove the Verizon CD installer, is it possible top replace it with DroidDrive to use custom ISO installers?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread