FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

[SCRIPT] [INIT.D] Permissive SELinux on Stock Kernels [08/21/2014]

3,041 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,869

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th May 2015, 06:16 PM |#111  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 2,305

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhianc11

Would like to know this as well (possibility of flashing custom roms like cyanogen with permissive kernel)

not possible. CM and aosp have kernels built from android source.. with locked BLs, you can only have stock tw kernels for the particular device you have.. this is why you can only use stock based roms compatible with stock kernels.

just setting permissive does not mean unlocked BL or custom kernels.

some apps and things require a permissive SELinux so outside of that stuff theres nothing else.

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

30th May 2015, 10:06 PM |#112  
Flag Long Island, New York
Thanks Meter: 59

More
They should really leave this option up to us to use how we want, my brother paid over $1000 for my note edge off contract /outright n there is so many good features of the phone but so many of the audio mods I wish to run just won't because of this selinux BS (& I say that with reading up on the selinux security) I've tried every script etc and nothing...... makes me feel like the device isn't truly mine
3rd June 2015, 12:15 PM |#113  
Flag The Borders
Thanks Meter: 2,503

Donate to Me
More
I also cannot get this to work on my opo if I a manually run the script it works but it will not execute on boot
3rd June 2015, 02:50 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadier

I also cannot get this to work on my opo if I a manually run the script it works but it will not execute on boot

Wrong forum
3rd June 2015, 02:57 PM |#115  
Flag The Borders
Thanks Meter: 2,503

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux

Wrong forum

Don't see how as its an init.d script, nothing about it is verizon galaxy s5 only
3rd June 2015, 05:37 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadier

Don't see how as its an init.d script, nothing about it is verizon galaxy s5 only

Except that it's in the S5 forum. But I see your point, initially it seemed you were asking for help on your opo, rather than commiserating.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
init.d, permissive, script, selinux
Previous Thread Next Thread