FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[SCRIPT] [INIT.D] Permissive SELinux on Stock Kernels [08/21/2014]

3,132 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,198

By hsbadr, Recognized Contributor on 21st August 2014, 02:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th July 2015, 04:43 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

lol. I had an s5 most likely longer than you as well as i started creating roms myself with the vzw s5 thats had over 100k views as well as ive done other work for the vzw s5 as well as helped the op of this thread test and try to get permissive on the s5 long ago when this thread was created.

So yes, I'd say I know what I'm talking about and yes, I do own a g925v as well.. I DID PASS up the opportunity for a N6 to get a better device all around. The only benefit I saw from a N6 was it has a larger screen but that was the ONLY factor which clearly all the benefits of an s6e in every other area made the choice very easy.

Sent from my SM-G925V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

to make it easy, here is a link to one of my pieces of work for the s5:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53784905

It was one of the most used/viewed roms available until I got my s6e.. but then again who am i to browse around the vzw s5 threads? I suppose its only for people who use others work to put on their devices that has more say/knowledge then those who actually put in work?

I think your philosophy is flawed and I am done duscussing this with you lol

OK, let's move on folks, shall wek?

10th July 2015, 05:07 PM |#142  
Flag Lake Charles
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone

OK, let's move on folks, shall wek?

Lol, yes sir. One thing. Been away from s5 for a while. In your opinion what's the best stable ROM, with customizations? So many more now. Impressive how layers was incorporated.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
10th July 2015, 05:10 PM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 328

More
not worth it, forget it. welcome to the ignorelist, brian...
Last edited by ldeveraux; 10th July 2015 at 05:16 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ldeveraux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2015, 10:34 AM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

vzw s5 always had it lol.. well not right away but once it was updated it worked.. heck, my vzw s6e has had v4a since ping pong root and were enforced as well.

theres ways around it for some root apps and luckily most dont require permissive (none that i use)

You can't _disable_ selinux, but I think for v4a if you have it use the right selinux context, it works. There are other methods, too.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote:

vzw s5 always had it lol.. well not right away but once it was updated it worked.. heck, my vzw s6e has had v4a since ping pong root and were enforced as well.

theres ways around it for some root apps and luckily most dont require permissive (none that i use)

You can't _disable_ selinux, but I think for v4a if you have it use the right selinux context, it works. There are other methods, too.

Also, I append this to build.prop:

lpa.decode=false tunnel.decode=false lpa.use-stagefright=false lpa.releaselock=false
16th July 2015, 02:43 PM |#145  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 2,722

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blair.sadewitz

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Also, I append this to build.prop:

lpa.decode=false tunnel.decode=false lpa.use-stagefright=false lpa.releaselock=false

i didnt say you could disable selinix lol.. i simply said theres ways around permissive..

those edits to the build prop arent even necessary on the s6/s6e.. you do however need to edit or replace the audio.effects.conf file and delete pre installed sound alive and hearingdro apks

16th July 2015, 03:51 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I wasn't addressing you, I was responding to the guy asking the question!

Quote:

i didnt say you could disable selinix lol.. i simply said theres ways around permissive..

those edits to the build prop arent even necessary on the s6/s6e.. you do however need to edit or replace the audio.effects.conf file and delete pre installed sound alive and hearingdro apks

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

But while I have your attention--can you just delete soundalive on the S5 also? I have become almost obsessed with "de-samsungizing" my phone. Each proprietary apk I rip out increases my perceived well-being haha
17th July 2015, 03:50 AM |#147  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 2,722

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blair.sadewitz

I wasn't addressing you, I was responding to the guy asking the question!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

But while I have your attention--can you just delete soundalive on the S5 also? I have become almost obsessed with "de-samsungizing" my phone. Each proprietary apk I rip out increases my perceived well-being haha

not sure but i dont see why not if you are using v4a drivers.. its required to install v4a on s6e.. id try to freeze it in tibu first and see if any negative effects

Extreme Syndicate v8
17th July 2015, 02:46 PM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Quote:

not sure but i dont see why not if you are using v4a drivers.. its required to install v4a on s6e.. id try to freeze it in tibu first and see if any negative effects

Extreme Syndicate v8

S5 with V4A. Received massive SoundAlive FCs. I froze SoundAlive. No More FCs and V4A worked just fine. So I backed SoundAlive up and Uninstalled. No issues. V4A works great.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stupifier For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
init.d, permissive, script, selinux
Previous Thread Next Thread