[Stock Collection]Modems, Firmware, Stock Tars[Current Tar:NI2][CurrentModem:NI2]

Search This thread

27techlover

Dec 31, 2013
Amman
Can i downgrade from NI2 to NHA ?
im rooted on ni2.. and i would like to back on full stock on NHA and root again
and my phone is factory unlocked.. it will effact anything ?n

johnboy693

Sep 27, 2013
Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I have a Verizon Dev edition, trying to use Optimal ROM and I'm currently on NCG modem so I can't get my phone to activate. However anytime I try to install the NI2 modem it doesn't take. when I look at my baseband it still says NCG. I've tried the battery pull thing and still is a no go. What steps do I do exactly? maybe I'm just skipping something?

timeToy

Aug 3, 2010
Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I have a Verizon Dev edition, trying to use Optimal ROM and I'm currently on NCG modem so I can't get my phone to activate. However anytime I try to install the NI2 modem it doesn't take. when I look at my baseband it still says NCG. I've tried the battery pull thing and still is a no go. What steps do I do exactly? maybe I'm just skipping something?

Use the USB cable that come with the phone and do not use any USB hub

nwalker77

Dec 18, 2012
Rookie question. Im stock rooted. Im having issues with my signal bouncing all over the place when its sitting in one place in my house. Im on NI2. Would it do me any good to flash the new modem listed for NI2? Or am I even able to do that? Or should I just unroot and call in for a replacement?

Thanks guys

ludeawakening

Dec 7, 2010
Gadsden, Alabama
forum.highonandroid.com
Rookie question. Im stock rooted. Im having issues with my signal bouncing all over the place when its sitting in one place in my house. Im on NI2. Would it do me any good to flash the new modem listed for NI2? Or am I even able to do that? Or should I just unroot and call in for a replacement?

Thanks guys
You can try to flash the modem to see if it helps, but I believe it will be the same one you have now. You could also try flashing the NI2 Full Stock Tar. The full stock will unroot the device. Did you have better service before you rooted, or was it the same as it is now? Also did you have better service and receive an update, then phone started doing what it is now? It will be easier to tell you what to try if I know when exactly you started having the issue.

nwalker77

Dec 18, 2012
You can try to flash the modem to see if it helps, but I believe it will be the same one you have now. You could also try flashing the NI2 Full Stock Tar. The full stock will unroot the device. Did you have better service before you rooted, or was it the same as it is now? Also did you have better service and receive an update, then phone started doing what it is now? It will be easier to tell you what to try if I know when exactly you started having the issue.

Same service prior to root. As soon as I got the phone, I updated it on wifi. So I didnt have a chance to check service with my sim in.

gatorhater73

Mar 1, 2010
This is driving me bonkers! I've tried flashing both NHA and NI2 modems in Odin (3.09) and get a 'pass' message, reboot, check 'about phone' and still showing NE9. I tried Beans previous advice to boot into download mode, shut down, pull battery, and still not updating baseband info! any advice on this? I think I'm wearing out my rom storage with flash abuse!!! :)

Did you ever get this taken care of? I experienced the same problem, fixed it by running Odin as an administrator on my system. Baseband flash took after that.

focr06

Account currently disabled
Jun 5, 2009
GB
quick question... if i install the full version, will it wipe data? i switched to ART , running stock but dont want to lose anything, any suggetions?

EatonZ

Aug 6, 2012
USA
eaton-works.com

Thank you, but could you add the "user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT" version too? Has some files I need, and it's the only one not on AFH:
DAodrlL.png

FingerBlastJ

Jul 25, 2010
NY
what would i flash in order to unroot?

im currently on ricks rom ni2

i need to send in my phone back to samsung because of camera failed FC message

do i flash firmware then tar file?

do i flash the modem as well?

if so when?

any response would be helpful

Last edited: