Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Stock Collection]Modems, Firmware, Stock Tars[Current Tar:NI2][CurrentModem:NI2]

10th January 2015, 04:25 AM   |  #101  
Flag Anderson, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 4

62 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok, question, maybe dumb, maybe not dumb. Dev Ed. is when you tap the firmware model or whatever 10 times and it opens up the Dev options correct?
10th January 2015, 05:06 AM   |  #102  
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 30

63 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmashippy

Ok, question, maybe dumb, maybe not dumb. Dev Ed. is when you tap the firmware model or whatever 10 times and it opens up the Dev options correct?

No Dev Edition is a Developer Edition model that has the option to unlock the boot loader w/o an exploit.
The Following User Says Thank You to lfd1351 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 05:09 AM   |  #103  
Flag Anderson, Indiana

62 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfd1351

No Dev Edition is a Developer Edition model that has the option to unlock the boot loader w/o an exploit.

Alright, so if I have opened those developer options, it wouldn't effect my ability to root/flash/etc correct?
10th January 2015, 05:25 AM   |  #104  
Flag Kalamazoo

63 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Alright, so if I have opened those developer options, it wouldn't effect my ability to root/flash/etc correct?

Correct to be sure you can check your model number. If you are on Verizon you should be model: SM-G900v
The Following User Says Thank You to lfd1351 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 05:27 AM   |  #105  
Flag Anderson, Indiana

62 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfd1351

Correct to be sure you can check your model number. If you are on Verizon you should be model: SM-G900v

Alright thanks so much for your knowledge good sir.
13th January 2015, 04:58 PM   |  #106  
Flag Kalamazoo

63 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can we get this stickied moderators?
30th January 2015, 09:38 AM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
More
Quote:

Should be "build number"
6th February 2015, 04:15 AM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 10

164 posts
Can someone please help. I've been away for a while so its hard to figure out everything with so many new updates for firmware kernels and modems.. I am currently on a 4.4.2 NE9 ROM.

I think till I figure everything out I want to just go back to stock and take the 5.0 update. I've had random issues and I want to try stock for a little.

What is the difference between the different files posted? What's the tar compared to the other stuff.

If someone could explain this I'd really appreciate it. I want to get 100% stock like I just bought my phone today. Including kernel firmware and modem. Don't want anything older left behind

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
20th February 2015, 02:44 AM   |  #109  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 14

48 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholeinthewor1d

Can someone please help. I've been away for a while so its hard to figure out everything with so many new updates for firmware kernels and modems.. I am currently on a 4.4.2 NE9 ROM.

I think till I figure everything out I want to just go back to stock and take the 5.0 update. I've had random issues and I want to try stock for a little.

What is the difference between the different files posted? What's the tar compared to the other stuff.

If someone could explain this I'd really appreciate it. I want to get 100% stock like I just bought my phone today. Including kernel firmware and modem. Don't want anything older left behind

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Congratulations on your buy. This is understanding that you have the Verizon variant? My only indicator is your model in your signature- "SM-G900V."
According to forums, your latest modem is N12, firmware (OS) is N12, and your kernel is N12 as well. Flashing back to stock will require ALL THREE N12 tars on first page (N12 modem, N12 Kernel, and N12 firmware). Will take some time to download (especially your N12 firmware) FYI.

5.0 is amazing bud compared to kitkat, and much smoother. I moved over to the Nexus 6 at the turn of the new year from the S5. I have had a galaxy for several years consecutively. Regarding your question, the .tar files will be flashed via Odin, which is a desktop tool for flashing stock kernels, firmware and modem files (among other things) to go back to FULL, UNROOT stock for whatever the reason. The different versions are included updates/patches that Verizon/Samsung have pushed since the release of the phone. The latest (according to THIS forum is N12). So you will want to ensure you have a matching modem (N12) with the firmware tar (N12) if you are wanting to go stock for awhile for N12.

Now.....from what I have JUST read, the STOCK tar for 5.0 is available to flash (BOA8), you will have to research within the forums to find the modem and/or kernel that matches it. Here is the link to the forum of reference for BOA8 that I found (cross check by searching the forums).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...w-rom-t3024731

If you are wanting to go completely, 100% back to stock, you will want to follow these steps EXACTLY, and is not difficult, even for a beginner. Watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6VmIfXPWgs

Hope this helps you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowzerosix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread