DISCONTINUED [VZW_Stock Based TW Rom][5.0 Lollipop BOD5 Build Deodexed]

Search This thread

zcmack

Oct 4, 2010
Milwaukee
I can't paste a link to the ni2 but look in the general section for " safestrap without odin". The app and flash able kernel zips are there. If your on OC4 then just use the flash fire app to wipe, install oc5 zip then oc5 kernel zip and reboot. It can be a one step process with flashfire. But if it's been awhile I'd really recommend reading up a bit before starting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

found it. thanks a lot. i was doing a lot of reading in general the last day or so but i wasn't sure what was up to date.

damagi123

Feb 9, 2012
Buffalo
this rom is working perfectly except for 2 things, i tried everything you suggested to get video calling to show up including starting on 0c4 and dirty flashing this, no luck no video calling. Also It wont stay on the keyboard i choose it just keeps going back to samsung keyboard .

thrgk

Aug 7, 2012
I am on OC4 and would like to try this rom. Can I just download the zip and flash through flash fire ? Is there a step by step I can follow?

Do I need to update to OD5 first ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Stupifier

Jun 8, 2010
I am on OC4 and would like to try this rom. Can I just download the zip and flash through flash fire ? Is there a step by step I can follow?

Do I need to update to OD5 first ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

You're fine. You don't HAVE to update to OD5 Kernel/Modem/Firmware if you are already on a Lollipop Kernel/Modem/Firmware. It is only if you want to.

blyss

Jul 13, 2011
Hey everyone.

I have modified an old de-bloat file and will be uploading it to androidfilehost as soon as I am granted developer privileges. Although I am a developer that works for an Android and iOS applications company, I will not be "developing" but will be helping fill in any gaps the S5 community is experiencing. If jrkruse is interested, I can also debug in my spare time. Anyway, I will upload the file as soon as possible. It seems to be working well on my device but this is my first time dabbling in the OS. It is a bit different than developing apps so we will see how this goes.

Blyss

Last edited:

Davest010

Sep 20, 2012
I have the Dev Edition - is it safe for me to install this rom, without locking my bootloader?

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Sorry, I guess I should have asked more clearly...does flashing this ROM flash a retail bootloader? I realize that flashing a retail bootloader is what I need to avoid...what I'm looking for is a retail-flavored ROM that will leave my unlocked bootloader intact.

Yes, it flashes a retail bootloader. Better find a dev edition Rom.

Reactions: Davest010

Davest010

Sep 20, 2012
Yes, it flashes a retail bootloader. Better find a dev edition Rom.

<sigh> Yeah, that's what I'm trying to find. Unfortunately, the Dev Edition has been pretty much ignored. I can't find a single ROM on here that specifically mentions that it's suitable for the Dev Edition. Live and learn, I guess.

gedavis

Mar 16, 2012
Pretty sure since we have a locked bootloader we have to use TouchWiz roms

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts