FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[BATCH FILE] Lollipop Bloatware Removal!

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By adrenalinetaco, Junior Member on 25th May 2015, 08:34 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello everyone! This is my first post here, and I felt like this would be a useful thing for everyone in this community.
I have created a batch file that removes bloatware from the Rooted OC4 Update provided to us by muniz_ri.

To create the batch file I used the lists of programs removed by this batch file by xboxexpert and The PURGE v1 by elliwigy.

I created this batch file because the Lollipop update changed the file structure and the above files no longer work at all. Once again, the ONLY thing I did here was restructure their files to work with Lollipop. However, I would appreciate any suggestions of applications to add to the file so that we can get OC4 as debloated as possible!

Below are the applications that my batch file removes.

/system/app
Code:
AccessControl
Accessories
AccuweatherPhone2014_K_LMR_fHD
AirWakeUp
AllShareCastPlayer
AllshareFileShare
AllshareFileShareClient
AllshareFileShareServer
AllshareMediaServer
AllshareMediaShare
Amazon_Audible
Amazon_IMDB
Amazon_MP3
Amazon_Widget
AntHalService
ANTPlusPlugins
ANTRadioService
AssistantMenu2
AssistedDialingProvider
BasicDreams
BeaconManager
BluetoothTest
Blurb
Books
Bridge
canid
ChocoEUKor
Chrome
Cmas
com.gotv.nflgamecenter.us.lite
CoolEUKor
DirectConnect
Drive
DriveLink
DriveLinkRemote
EasymodeContactsWidget
EasyOneHand2
EasySettings
ELMAgent
FactoryCamera_FB
Flipboard
GeoLookout
Gmail2
Hangouts
Headlines
Kindle
KnoxAttestationAgent
KnoxSetupWizardClient
LocalFOTA
LocationAgent
Maps
MobilePrintSvc_Samsung
MobileTrackerEngineTwo
MultiWindowTrayService
Music2
MusicLiveShare2
Newsstand
PartnerBookmarksProvider
Personalization
PhotoTable
PlayGames
PlusOne
PolarisOffice5
QuickConnect
RoseEUKor
SafetyInformation
SamsungAppsWidget_Phone_Carrier_VZW
SamsungContentsAgent
SamsungSans
SamsungSetupWizard
SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication
SapaMonitor
SCONE_Android_ProxyService_NoPersistent
SDM
SecEmail_K
SecExchange
SecFactoryPhoneTest
SecKidsModeInstaller
SecMemoDL
SilentLog
Slacker
SmartRemote_KL
SNameCard
SoundDetector
SPenSdk3
SPG
SPrintSpooler
Stk
Street
Swype
talkback
TravelService_K
UniversalMDMClient
VideoEditor_Lite_K
Videos
VisualVoiceMail
VpnClient
VZMessages
VZNavigator
VzTones
WeatherDaemon2014_LMR
WlanTest
YouTube
/system/priv-app
Code:
Amazon_Appstore
Amazon_Shopping
AutomationTest_FB
ChromeSupport
DirectShareManager
EasyLauncher2
FamilyBaseCom
GroupPlay_27
HealthService
Hearingdro_KK
HwModuleTest
intelligenceservice
IsisWallet
Kies
KLMSAgent
LTETest
MagicShot_FHD_A7
MusicCommonUtility
MyInfozone
MyVerizon
NoiseField
PageBuddyNotiSvcK
PhaseBeam
PhotoStudio_FHD_K
S-Voice_Android_phone
SamsungBilling
SamsungLinkPlatform
SamsungMagnifier
SamsungMusic_20
Samsungservice2_xxhdpi
SamsungUpdates_K
sCloudDataRelay
sCloudDataSync
sCloudQuotaApp
sCloudSyncCalendar
sCloudSyncMemo
sCloudSyncSBrowser
sCloudSyncSNote3
SecMyFiles2014
SecSafetyAssurance
SetupWizard
SFinder
SHealth3_5
SNS
SPDClient
SPPPushClient_Prod
SStudio_FHD_K
Tag
Velvet
VMS
VoiceNote
VzCloud
VzwSilentSSOEngine
This file also removes the power on, volume change, and low battery sounds, as well as the below files.

/system/
Code:
etc/secure_storage/com.sec.knox.store
KnowYourDevice
lost+found
tts
voicebargeindata
wakeupdata
tima_measurement_info
Thanks to:
elliwigy for [Zip][Script][SS][NI2][Extreme Debloater][The PURGE v1]
xboxexpert for [BATCH FILE] Stock Verizon Apps that can be removed..are removed!
muniz_ri for [How-To] Update to G900V_OC4 - 5.0 and KeepRoot (3/30/2015)
Attached Files
File Type: zip lollipopdebloat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (453.4 KB, 568 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to adrenalinetaco For This Useful Post: [ View ]

25th May 2015, 09:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you for this! I'm fairly familiar with batch scripts and adb executions, but can you provide some basic instructions to properly run this against the phone, and how to edit/remove apps from the removal list that we'd like to keep?

Cheers and thanks again,
|nsom
25th May 2015, 09:32 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA

More
So to properly run this type of batch file on your phone, enable USB debugging on your phone, plug it in to your computer. and then follow these steps:

1. Open a command prompt in the debloat folder. (On Windows, shift right click in any blank space in the folder you extracted my files to, press open command prompt here)
2. Type "adb devices" without quotes, this will bring up the prompt on your phone to allow the computer debugging access to your phone.
3. Type "adb shell" and then type "su" without quotes, and this will bring up a SuperSU prompt for the ADB shell.
4. Ctrl-C out of the command prompt.

Then, after you've done that, all you have to do is double click debloat.bat

If you wanted to customize the batch file to keep programs that you want, you just simply open the debloat.bat file in your favorite text editor, then find the application you want to keep in the file, and just delete the line that contains your application. Do keep in mind that some applications may have dependencies that are also removed by this file, so in some cases, you might not simply be able to remove just that one line.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adrenalinetaco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2015, 01:14 AM |#4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
So... shall I be the huckleberry?
I never 'shift-right clicked' before and that was pretty cool, I saw the option to "open command prompt". Holy smokes. I quit there, and thought I'd ask, has anyone tried this yet?

You do realize I'm reluctant of the hassle to fire up Odin and flash the NCG kernel and all that in and out and to and fro stuff again. My phone is just fine, but SafeStrap disappeared on boot after flashing the 5.0 OptimusROM, and I read where it said you have to start from scratch darn near. I'm liking root, but I miss that "ThePURGE" I flashed into the 4.4.4.

Seriously, when I saw the instructions I just right mouse clicked, didn't see that option until I held down shift on the keyboard. I was like 'whoa! I'm in over my head!'

I looked up ADB and it's Android Debugging Bridge. I sense a new frontier, but you know how blind you are going in on something you've never tried before, right?

So has anyone tried this debloat? Shall I be the huckleberry?
29th May 2015, 07:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i was just about to run it, but then I checked out the bat file with notepad, and there was a lot of apps I wanted to keep, which made me questioned the other 60 unknown things. I'm not doing it. I'll look for a more advised list.
30th May 2015, 04:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I gave it a go and it all worked fine for me.. I did however edit the bat file to keep the apps I wanted to keep.
30th May 2015, 07:16 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd254

i was just about to run it, but then I checked out the bat file with notepad, and there was a lot of apps I wanted to keep, which made me questioned the other 60 unknown things. I'm not doing it. I'll look for a more advised list.

Jd254, I did not make up this list of apps to be deleted. Every app in this script has been included in two of the most known and recommended debloat scripts for the Galaxy S5, all I did was simply edit the scripts so that they would work on Lollipop, as the file structure changed and the old scripts will not work properly on Lollipop.
30th May 2015, 07:19 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukenbiker

I never 'shift-right clicked' before and that was pretty cool, I saw the option to "open command prompt". Holy smokes. I quit there, and thought I'd ask, has anyone tried this yet?

You do realize I'm reluctant of the hassle to fire up Odin and flash the NCG kernel and all that in and out and to and fro stuff again. My phone is just fine, but SafeStrap disappeared on boot after flashing the 5.0 OptimusROM, and I read where it said you have to start from scratch darn near. I'm liking root, but I miss that "ThePURGE" I flashed into the 4.4.4.

Seriously, when I saw the instructions I just right mouse clicked, didn't see that option until I held down shift on the keyboard. I was like 'whoa! I'm in over my head!'

I looked up ADB and it's Android Debugging Bridge. I sense a new frontier, but you know how blind you are going in on something you've never tried before, right?

So has anyone tried this debloat? Shall I be the huckleberry?

These instructions may not even be necessary to be honest. As long as you have USB Debugging enabled on the device, the prompts *should* come up when you first launch the script. Also, in regards to trying it, I am currently running my phone just fine with it, although I have redownloaded some apps I wish to keep such as YouTube. The nice thing though, is that if you remove the apps with this script and then redownload them from the play store, you will actually be able to uninstall them at a later time, unlike when they are preinstalled and all you can do is "disable" them.
The Following User Says Thank You to adrenalinetaco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2015, 06:12 PM |#9  
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
success
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinetaco

These instructions may not even be necessary to be honest. As long as you have USB Debugging enabled on the device, the prompts *should* come up when you first launch the script. Also, in regards to trying it, I am currently running my phone just fine with it, although I have redownloaded some apps I wish to keep such as YouTube. The nice thing though, is that if you remove the apps with this script and then redownload them from the play store, you will actually be able to uninstall them at a later time, unlike when they are preinstalled and all you can do is "disable" them.

I gave it a whirl. I never did android debugging bridge before, can't say that now! It went off without any problems, except for getting started. I switched the USB options on the S5. After I put the check into the Camera (PTP) instead of Media Device (MTP) the computer installed drivers. I also had my data turned off, and I turned that back on the S5. I switched it back to MTP and ran the command prompt. Then I got a SU prompt and granted it on the S5. So it ran the batch file thing and the S5 rebooted all by itself.

First thing I noticed is YouTube was still there. Then I went through it and wow there was a lot of crap gone, yay! Remembering what you said, you could uninstall YT later, so I tried that, and no more YouTube! Cool. I'll probably reinstall it, but it's great to see your debloat thing work. I was going to fire up Titanium Backup to freeze it all out of there, but this is much better.

Good job. Fine work.
Last edited by fukenbiker; 30th May 2015 at 06:34 PM.
3rd June 2015, 12:27 AM |#10  
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinetaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukenbiker

I gave it a whirl. I never did android debugging bridge before, can't say that now! It went off without any problems, except for getting started. I switched the USB options on the S5. After I put the check into the Camera (PTP) instead of Media Device (MTP) the computer installed drivers. I also had my data turned off, and I turned that back on the S5. I switched it back to MTP and ran the command prompt. Then I got a SU prompt and granted it on the S5. So it ran the batch file thing and the S5 rebooted all by itself.

First thing I noticed is YouTube was still there. Then I went through it and wow there was a lot of crap gone, yay! Remembering what you said, you could uninstall YT later, so I tried that, and no more YouTube! Cool. I'll probably reinstall it, but it's great to see your debloat thing work. I was going to fire up Titanium Backup to freeze it all out of there, but this is much better.

Good job. Fine work.

UPDATE

I did a full wipe except SD card and a fresh install of OptimusRom 5.0 After it fired up I just clicked next skip continue until the S5 was all the way booted up, without setting anything up. Then I fired up ADB and side loaded your debloat zip. That made a big difference. Great job of getting rid of a bunch of crap!

Thanks again.

Now I can install YouTube if I 'want to'.
18th June 2015, 02:00 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
THANK YOU
Awesome thank you very much for this gives you a clean slate. fresh start only the apps you want, good in my folder of go to scripts apps and firmware!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread