Thread Closed

Call and complain about the bootloader

OP shootind5nukes

18th August 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123

149 posts
More
Here's what I think we should do, and I'm sure some people will say it won't work and they are probably right. We should all set a universal time sometime this week, such as Friday, to call Verizon and ask for bootloader unlocks. I have found out recently that for some employees Verizon had Samsung bootloader unlock their non-dev phone. I have spent the last hour bitching at Samsung and Verizon.

Here's the facts.

Samsung can unlock it with a file they already have

Verizon has to request it

Verizon says they don't want a bootloader unlocked phone on their network but then told Samsung to make a developer edition. Samsung did not sneak and build a dev phone like Verizon makes it sound, Samsung was told to build it.

Samsung doesn't even care to unlock it, their not just cause of Verizon's order not to.

Certain Verizon employes have recieved the unlock(not for personal reasons)

I say we all call in the same hour and raise hell and maybe they'll hear that we are more than just a few people. Even if everyone doesn't want to do this I will keep calling them and wasteing their time. Having an unlocked phone is a big deal to me and the fact that their employees are allowed to blows my ****ing mind. They think it's ok for their own guys to develope but not us!? Are you ****in kidding me?

So like I said I will keep wasting their time. For you all thinking that I'm also wasting my time? Your right, and I would rather waste it aggravating them than wasting it looking for bootloader unlock updates that will never come. Just like the current S4 and S3 bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to shootind5nukes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 27

84 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootind5nukes

Here's what I think we should do, and I'm sure some people will say it won't work and they are probably right. We should all set a universal time sometime this week, such as Friday, to call Verizon and ask for bootloader unlocks. I have found out recently that for some employees Verizon had Samsung bootloader unlock their non-dev phone. I have spent the last hour bitching at Samsung and Verizon.

Here's the facts.

Samsung can unlock it with a file they already have

Verizon has to request it

Verizon says they don't want a bootloader unlocked phone on their network but then told Samsung to make a developer edition. Samsung did not sneak and build a dev phone like Verizon makes it sound, Samsung was told to build it.

Samsung doesn't even care to unlock it, their not just cause of Verizon's order not to.

Certain Verizon employes have recieved the unlock(not for personal reasons)

I say we all call in the same hour and raise hell and maybe they'll hear that we are more than just a few people. Even if everyone doesn't want to do this I will keep calling them and wasteing their time. Having an unlocked phone is a big deal to me and the fact that their employees are allowed to blows my ****ing mind. They think it's ok for their own guys to develope but not us!? Are you ****in kidding me?

So like I said I will keep wasting their time. For you all thinking that I'm also wasting my time? Your right, and I would rather waste it aggravating them than wasting it looking for bootloader unlock updates that will never come. Just like the current S4 and S3 bootloader.

I will say that even Motorola released a tool on their website to unlock some of their devices. It was a slim list but still. HTC did as well so who knows. I mean the Vendors have to balance customer needs and carrier needs because ultimately they are the boss.

So, we'll see. It would be awesome to see this happen but at the same time, if it does happen, would people blow Verizon up for service on their devices because of irreparable damage?

In my own personal opinion, this phone was expensive and we should be allowed to do as we please with it.
Last edited by DarkMidnight; 19th August 2014 at 05:23 AM.
19th August 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #3  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 38

583 posts
Donate to Me
More
How do you know Verizon employees have unlocked phones unless you yourself are a Verizon employee? I work for an indirect retailer and I've never heard of this happening.
19th August 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua.justice

How do you know Verizon employees have unlocked phones unless you yourself are a Verizon employee? I work for an indirect retailer and I've never heard of this happening.

The only kind of "unlocking" I've heard a carrier employee do or request is a sim unlock. Nothing more.
19th August 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 7,847

4,792 posts
Donate to Me
More
Putting the claim of a flashable unlocked bootloader aside - Verizon and AT&T have made their position very clear. Phones on their network will be locked. Developer edition phones, which as the name suggests are primarily for development use are granted that but also are un-subsidized. They're not denying it to you, you have a choice. You're just unhappy with the choice you have to make, and respectfully that's an issue between you and Verizon.

Thread closed before it goes any further south.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread