1. Take the NCG to NE9 OTA Update or flash the G900VVRU1ANE9 Retail tar in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+).
2. Place your phone into "Download Mode" (press and hold the Home, Volume Down, and Power keys until the phone powers on and displays warning screen, then press Volume Up key).
3. Flash the G900V_NCG_Stock_Kernel using Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+).
4. Root using Towelroot.
5. Power off then boot into "Download Mode" again.
6. Flash the G900V_NE9_Stock_Kernel also in Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+). Done!
Notes: After flashing the NCG kernel your phone may run a little wonky and towelroot may not root on the first try. If that happens reboot and try towelroot once again. Once rooted and after flashing the NE9 kernel your phone will run like a champ again!
Important!: Do not skip any steps or you may experience issues with your device after following this process.
Video by @Tomsgt How to Root the Verizon Galaxy S5 NE9 OTA update
Video Demo by @owenbeals For The NE9 Root Method