FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[How-To] Root G900VVRU1ANE9

2,921 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,258
 
By muniz_ri, Senior Member on 2nd August 2014, 08:52 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
**Make certain that your reactivation lock in security settings is off before beginning this process.**

1. Take the NCG to NE9 OTA Update or flash the G900VVRU1ANE9 Retail tar in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+).
2. Place your phone into "Download Mode" (press and hold the Home, Volume Down, and Power keys until the phone powers on and displays warning screen, then press Volume Up key).
3. Flash the G900V_NCG_Stock_Kernel using Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+).
4. Root using Towelroot.
5. Power off then boot into "Download Mode" again.
6. Flash the G900V_NE9_Stock_Kernel also in Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+). Done!

Notes: After flashing the NCG kernel your phone may run a little wonky and towelroot may not root on the first try. If that happens reboot and try towelroot once again. Once rooted and after flashing the NE9 kernel your phone will run like a champ again!

Important!: Do not skip any steps or you may experience issues with your device after following this process.


Video Tutorials:

Video by @Tomsgt How to Root the Verizon Galaxy S5 NE9 OTA update

Video Demo by @owenbeals For The NE9 Root Method

Credits:
@open1your1eyes0
@Misterxtc
@FlairDevil
Last edited by muniz_ri; 8th September 2014 at 06:48 AM.
The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
2nd August 2014, 09:01 PM |#2  
FlairDevil's Avatar
Member
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thumbs up
Mods - Sticky this! Awesome job!
Last edited by FlairDevil; 2nd August 2014 at 09:05 PM.
3rd August 2014, 05:17 AM |#3  
owenrg's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri

1. Take the NCG to NE9 OTA Update.
2. Flash the G900V_NCG_Stock_Kernel
3. Re-Root using Towelroot
4. Flash the G900V_NE9_Stock_Kernel. Done!

Notes: After flashing the NCG kernel your phone may run a little wonky and towelroot may not root on the first try. If that happens reboot and try towelroot once again. Once rooted and after flashing the NE9 kernel your phone will run like a champ again!

Credits:
@open1your1eyes0
@Misterxtc
@FlairDevil

I flashed back to stock (NCG), Re-rooted, flashed the NE9 kernel and still have root but i'm still on the NCG build. Is that what's supposed to happen? I got a message asking to take the OTA update... did i miss something?

Thanks so much for all your work so far!
3rd August 2014, 05:25 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,258
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenrg

I flashed back to stock (NCG), Re-rooted, flashed the NE9 kernel and still have root but i'm still on the NCG build. Is that what's supposed to happen? I got a message asking to take the OTA update... did i miss something?

Thanks so much for all your work so far!

You missed step 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 05:30 AM |#5  
owenrg's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri

You missed step 1.

Sorry, i did do step one. i took the OTA update (while rooted), then flashed back to stock NCG, re rooted, then flashed the NE9 kernel. I've re-booted a couple of times and still have the NCG build, still rooted.
3rd August 2014, 05:35 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,258
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenrg

Sorry, i did do step one. i took the OTA update (while rooted), then flashed back to stock NCG, re rooted, then flashed the NE9 kernel. I've re-booted a couple of times and still have the NCG build, still rooted.

Why did you flash back to the NCG build? The instructions state to flash the NCG kernel after taking the NE9 OTA.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muniz_ri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 05:37 AM |#7  
owenrg's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri

Why did you flash back to the NCG build? The instructions state to flash the NCG kernel after taking the NE9 OTA.

Holy hell... I'm an idiot. Thanks for that.

I've been staring at this problem for a couple of hours (i'm a noob, sorry) and didn't catch that.

oops. Sorry about the needless post.

I ACTUALLY followed the directions and it works great. Took the long way around i guess. Thanks guys!
Last edited by owenrg; 3rd August 2014 at 05:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to owenrg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 06:57 AM |#8  
open1your1eyes0's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 3,648
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri

Why did you flash back to the NCG build? The instructions state to flash the NCG kernel after taking the NE9 OTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenrg

Holy hell... I'm an idiot. Thanks for that.

I've been staring at this problem for a couple of hours (i'm a noob, sorry) and didn't catch that.

oops. Sorry about the needless post.

I ACTUALLY followed the directions and it works great. Took the long way around i guess. Thanks guys!

I feel bad for saying so but I have to admit this kind of made me lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to open1your1eyes0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 06:59 AM |#9  
owenrg's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by open1your1eyes0

I feel bad for saying so but I have to admit this kind of made me lol.

It was/is a major "are you f $!#%$@ kidding me" moment. Real dumb. Maybe I'll read the directions next time!
3rd August 2014, 07:30 AM |#10  
open1your1eyes0's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 3,648
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenrg

It was/is a major "are you f $!#%$@ kidding me" moment. Real dumb. Maybe I'll read the directions next time!

No worries. Happens to the best of us.
3rd August 2014, 03:12 PM |#11  
Tomsgt's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag IN
Thanks Meter: 2,309
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlairDevil

Mods - Sticky this! Awesome job!

I agree a sticky is needed and here is a little video I made on how to use these steps hope it helps out the noobs. the steps are easy but some need help. thanks for posting.
Video How to Root the Verizon Galaxy S5 NE9 OTA update
feel free to ad this to the OP if you want to.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tomsgt For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
g900v root, g900vvru1ane9, ne9 root, root g900vvru1ane9
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes