Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How-To] Root G900VVRU1ANE9

Tip us?

TrueshotBarrage
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oh yeah just wanted to mention that my problem is fixed now. Turns out I had to wait about 10-15 minutes for the "drivers" to install for the phone on my stupid Windows computer (jokes). After the wait everything was fine and life is good.

t3dus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Doing this whole process ended up messing up my phone bad enough that I can't even use it anymore and the battery life has gone from awesome to crap.

I'm not sure what to do other than re-install the firmware on the phone from scratch and start over or claim insurance and get a different gs5

wrongway213
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3dus View Post
Doing this whole process ended up messing up my phone bad enough that I can't even use it anymore and the battery life has gone from awesome to crap.

I'm not sure what to do other than re-install the firmware on the phone from scratch and start over or claim insurance and get a different gs5
Odin back to stock if you don't have a backup. This process does not mess your phone up if you do it correctly. If your phone is unusable, something went wrong during this process or it's a different issue altogether. Following instructions in OP to a T will absolutely not do what you described to your device.

Sent from my SMG-900V running AllianceRom 1.2
Sent from my SM-G900V running AllianceRom 1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to wrongway213 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

t3dus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway213 View Post
Odin back to stock if you don't have a backup. This process does not mess your phone up if you do it correctly. If your phone is unusable, something went wrong during this process or it's a different issue altogether. Following instructions in OP to a T will absolutely not do what you described to your device.

Sent from my SMG-900V running AllianceRom 1.2
Every time I try to do anything it says "context service has stopped" & "healthservice has stopped" so I can't even make phone calls or text anymore.

What would be a proper image to odin back to?

wrongway213
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3dus View Post
Every time I try to do anything it says "context service has stopped" & "healthservice has stopped" so I can't even make phone calls or text anymore.

What would be a proper image to odin back to?
Follow instructions in OP. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784880
Sent from my SM-G900V running AllianceRom 1.2

t3dus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway213 View Post
I managed to fix it following instructions from a different website to flash back the stock rom prior to the ota update and got it rerooted.

I think I'm just going to freeze the OTA updates and not take them for now. The Improvements aren't enough to make it worthwhile anyways.
Tags
g900v root, g900vvru1ane9, ne9 root, root g900vvru1ane9