[How-To] Update to G900V_NK7 - 4.4.4 and KeepRoot (2/22/2015)

Search This thread

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
**You can begin the following process from any build/ROM but you must have both root and Safestrap installed before proceeding**

1. Extract the G900V_NK7_Stock_Rooted_Backup file from the .rar and place the file in the following folder: ext-sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxx (the name of your backups folder may vary. If a backups folder does not exist you must first create a backup before continuing).
2. From Safestrap recovery perform an "Advanced Wipe" and wipe everything but your ext-sdcard.
3. From the main menu press "Restore" and restore the Stock_Rooted_Backup.
4. Last, from the main menu press "Reboot," reboot into "Download" mode and flash the G900V_NK7_Stock_Partitions using Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+).

After following the above process your phone will pause on the Verizon splash screen for about 2 minutes before rebooting.

Optional - Enable Native Tethering AddOn:
1. Place the G900V_NK7_TetherAddOn.zip onto your external sd-card.
2. From Safestrap recovery flash the file using "Stock" Slot but do not wipe!
3. Reboot. Done!

Notes:
1. The above process will not affect your Knox Warranty Flag.
2. This Restore process will update your Modem, Non-hlos, System, Kernel, Stock Recovery, and Bootloader to NK7 (BusyBox is also pre-installed).
3. When flashing the NK7_Stock_Partitions file the most common cause of an Odin flash failure is a bad usb port or cable. Please check before reporting a failure!

Last edited:

torr310

Mar 26, 2011
Is NK7 newer than NI2? Do we have any benefit from flashing NI2 to NK7?

Thank you!

Zixx

Sep 1, 2009
Miami
For some reason , I cannot download either of those files :(

And thanks for this nk7 update! !

Update: nvm it was my browser

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Zixx

Sep 1, 2009
Miami
When you did this Backup/Rom you just updated Nk2 to nk7 and then backed up with TWRP?

If so is it possible to install this nk7 back up then use ni2 bloat script cleaner (edit it to keep SetupWizard.apk first) and then back it up again to make the backup/rom smaller?

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
When you did this Backup/Rom you just updated Nk2 to nk7 and then backed up with TWRP?

If so is it possible to install this nk7 back up then use ni2 bloat script cleaner (edit it to keep SetupWizard.apk first) and then back it up again to make the backup/rom smaller?

Should work but I always recommend freezing apps not deleting.

Reactions: Zixx

odoyle81

Feb 6, 2010
Maybe this is a dumb question, but what are the steps to do this:

Do you click "Install" in safestrap and then select the G900V_NK7_TetherAddOn.zip file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **You can begin the following process from any build/ROM but you must have both root and Safestrap installed before proceeding**

1. Extract the G900V_NK7_Stock_Rooted_Backup file from the .rar and place the file in the following folder: ext-sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxx (the name of your backups folder may vary. If a backups folder does not exist you must first create a backup before continuing).
    2. From Safestrap recovery perform an "Advanced Wipe" and wipe everything but your ext-sdcard.
    3. From the main menu press "Restore" and restore the Stock_Rooted_Backup.
    4. Last, from the main menu press "Reboot," reboot into "Download" mode and flash the G900V_NK7_Stock_Partitions using Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+).

After following the above process your phone will pause on the Verizon splash screen for about 2 minutes before rebooting.

Optional - Enable Native Tethering AddOn:
    1. Place the G900V_NK7_TetherAddOn.zip onto your external sd-card.
    3. Reboot. Done!

Notes:
    1. The above process will not affect your Knox Warranty Flag.
    2. This Restore process will update your Modem, Non-hlos, System, Kernel, Stock Recovery, and Bootloader to NK7 (BusyBox is also pre-installed).
    3. When flashing the NK7_Stock_Partitions file the most common cause of an Odin flash failure is a bad usb port or cable. Please check before reporting a failure!
    Is NK7 newer than NI2? Do we have any benefit from flashing NI2 to NK7?

Thank you!

Yes, NK7 was released on the same day as OA8. I have not seen a change log so don't know what changed. Just thought I would put it out there for those that didn't like 5.0.

Should work but I always recommend freezing apps not deleting.