Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Soon we will have VoLTE!!!

OP ChadH42

28th August 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 7

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blulite

What am in missing here? I have voice now, I'll have voice later, just over the LTE waves? It's not like my data where I get faster thruput, i still just get to make a phone call.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

wooo hooo...

HD voice only if you're calling another verizon customer with a compatible phone. so really it won't affect any of my phone calls. Not an interest until all providers are connected.
28th August 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 20

109 posts
Sounds good. But it will definitely require a serious OTA because I've heard of nothing being already developed in the S5 for this feature. Expect Verizon to mess with root.
28th August 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #13  
Flag Santa Barbara
Thanks Meter: 22

125 posts
More
goes to 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum Dumb Guy

wooo hooo...

HD voice only if you're calling another verizon customer with a compatible phone. so really it won't affect any of my phone calls. Not an interest until all providers are connected.

30th August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #14  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 38

583 posts
Donate to Me
More
So what's the difference between VoLTE and WiFi calling?
30th August 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #15  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 27

84 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua.justice

So what's the difference between VoLTE and WiFi calling?

In a nutshell, you'll be able to use Video calling and HD voice over the network without WiFi without any additional charges or hits against your data, provided your contact has a compatible device and the necessary software.
21st September 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
VoLTE is now available. I need to get my phone up to 4.4.4 (NI2) on Developer Edition so I can enable this feature.
21st September 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #17  
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 49

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMidnight

In a nutshell, you'll be able to use Video calling and HD voice over the network without WiFi without any additional charges or hits against your data, provided your contact has a compatible device and the necessary software.

The HD phone calls will not go against data, just minutes if you are not on an unlimited talk plan. The HD video calls will go against data.
22nd September 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #18  
Flag Akron, Pa
Thanks Meter: 25

125 posts
More
Good luck getting it to work. If I enable HD Voice on my account, all my incomming calls stop and people get a message that the number has been disconnected or changed. Took 2 hours with Verizon to figure out thats what the issue was,. Once guy removed that feature from my account it started working again.
22nd September 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
collect enersono
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewwy420

Good luck getting it to work. If I enable HD Voice on my account, all my incomming calls stop and people get a message that the number has been disconnected or changed. Took 2 hours with Verizon to figure out thats what the issue was,. Once guy removed that feature from my account it started working again.

HAH. I was just coming here to post this. Although I didn't call Verizon, I did notice it only happened after enabling the features online. I can still make calls, receive texts I just can't receive them. Although I am kind of OK with that... LOL.

And to confirm. I just went online and disabled advance calling and now I can get calls again (called myself from work phone). Go figure... rolling out a broken product.
Last edited by wireeater; 22nd September 2014 at 05:56 PM.
22nd September 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #20  
Flag Akron, Pa
Thanks Meter: 25

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireeater

HAH. I was just coming here to post this. Although I didn't call Verizon, I did notice it only happened after enabling the features online. I can still make calls, receive texts I just can't receive them. Although I am kind of OK with that... LOL.

And to confirm. I just went online and disabled advance calling and now I can get calls again (called myself from work phone). Go figure... rolling out a broken product.

I knew it was the advanced calling feature but I wanted it documented so that maybe they will get it fixed. Well hopefully anyways!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread