Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 46,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Success: G900F rom on G900V S5

Tip us?

amonteiro
Old
(Last edited by amonteiro; 6th August 2014 at 05:15 AM.) Reason: saying thanks
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb Success: G900F rom on G900V S5

Hi!

First I want to thank the developers and Goldie and Hashcode. I could not thank us topics because I am newbie here.

My wife bought a Galaxy S5 of a person who did not disclose that it was the 900V version, and only possessed a few languages.

Tried my best to translate or to enable more languages​​, all without success.

I managed to do the following to resolve the problem, and it can serve other people from other languages ​​that are at hand with this device, since the installed rom (AllianceRom) has support for multiple languages​​. The phone now appears like a 900F.

1) I root with https://towelroot.com/ towelroot

2) I copied this file from AllianceRom to the microSD card. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716535

3) I installed the following safestrap this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2793891

4) I enabled a custom rom 1 using the default options.

5) I installed the rom usually at recovery.

6) I waited a few minutes, booted, and FINALLY got to choose the option Brazilian Portuguese.

caveats:

Do not know if it's bug or something the ROM installing a rom that is not the phone itself, but the device does not turn off. He gets the LED on the physical and lighted keys and switches itself off. I have to take off and put the battery back.

If I had to fix something, which will not do out of sheer laziness, would change the standard sizes of custom rom, because I never want to see the original rom from Verizon. The custom rom ended up with little virtual space.

Sorry for the english but blame Google Translator! :P
The Following User Says Thank You to amonteiro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bad bone
Old
Thanks Meter 114
If you look at the alliance thread a lot of people are having problems installing on a rom slot I used the stock slot and no problems

suburbano
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad bone View Post
If you look at the alliance thread a lot of people are having problems installing on a rom slot I used the stock slot and no problems
you installed AllianceROM SM-G900F on a sm-g900v and it worked just fine?

bad bone
Old
(Last edited by bad bone; 12th August 2014 at 09:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbano View Post
you installed AllianceROM SM-G900F on a sm-g900v and it worked just fine?
Umm no I'm on the 900V?
I just read in step#4 that he put it on a rom slot I've read that people are having problems when they use a rom slot instead of the stock slot and thought that might help no clue? I was just suggesting that by installing it on the stock slot might fix the following problems.

caveats:

Do not know if it's bug or something the ROM installing a rom that is not the phone itself, but the device does not turn off. He gets the LED on the physical and lighted keys and switches itself off. I have to take off and put the battery back.

If I had to fix something, which will not do out of sheer laziness, would change the standard sizes of custom rom, because I never want to see the original rom from Verizon. The custom rom ended up with little virtual space.

I believe it's on page 13 of the alliance thread where they start talking about the rom slot issue.

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad bone View Post
Umm no I'm on the 900V?
I just read in step#4 that he put it on a rom slot I've read that people are having problems when they use a rom slot instead of the stock slot and thought that might help no clue? I was just suggesting that by installing it on the stock slot might fix the following problems.

caveats:

I believe it's on page 13 of the alliance thread where they start talking about the rom slot issue.

this thread is decieving.. he didnt get g900f on g900v he just installed alliance rom and enabled his language lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

bad bone
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy View Post
this thread is decieving.. he didnt get g900f on g900v he just installed alliance rom and enabled his language lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
Definitely deceiving if that's the case:what: either way he should re do it on the stock slot

DJNads
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Alright so I thought I would shed a little light on this. I saw this thread a few days ago and decided to test this for myself. I have a verizon version of the S5 and the 900f version of the rom installed fine in the stock rom slot. The only issue at first was the keyboard was chinese. I had to activate the English one and things were fine. All the customization stuff works. I've basically tested everything and have been using it constantly for a few days now. So it does work. I haven't tried any other 900f roms yet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJNads For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

amonteiro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNads View Post
Alright so I thought I would shed a little light on this. I saw this thread a few days ago and decided to test this for myself. I have a verizon version of the S5 and the 900f version of the rom installed fine in the stock rom slot. The only issue at first was the keyboard was chinese. I had to activate the English one and things were fine. All the customization stuff works. I've basically tested everything and have been using it constantly for a few days now. So it does work. I haven't tried any other 900f roms yet.
Yes!

My wife exchanged the Verizon Galaxy S5 black by a white version. This time I installed the rom slot: stock, and everything is working perfectly.