Success: G900F rom on G900V S5

OP amonteiro

6th February 2015, 05:01 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
what version did flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongcel

I would like to thank you all, specially amonteiro, only a Brazilian would need insert Portuguese language inside a Verizon Galaxy S5.
I have successfully flash the rom at stock rom slot.

Did you flash the lollipop verison
8th February 2015, 12:25 PM   |  #12  

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by genica

I have a stock T-MOBILE rom running on my g900V with no problems or patches. Even installed mobile odin

hey could you let me know how you did this? did you flash the stock rom via odin? Did it not fail when trying to write the aboot? im trying to get ANY stock rom whether it be G900A/I/T/F onto my G900P
8th February 2015, 03:06 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
bug??
I think it's the the phones themselves. I have tried many custom roms and they all have worked but when I us a rom slot that isn't stock my g900v won't shut off either and I have to take the battery out. I even put a non rooted rom on every rom slot and none would shutoff other than stock slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonteiro

Hi!

First I want to thank the developers and Goldie and Hashcode. I could not thank us topics because I am newbie here.

My wife bought a Galaxy S5 of a person who did not disclose that it was the 900V version, and only possessed a few languages.

Tried my best to translate or to enable more languages​​, all without success.

I managed to do the following to resolve the problem, and it can serve other people from other languages ​​that are at hand with this device, since the installed rom (AllianceRom) has support for multiple languages​​. The phone now appears like a 900F.

1) I root with https://towelroot.com/ towelroot

2) I copied this file from AllianceRom to the microSD card. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716535

3) I installed the following safestrap this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2793891

4) I enabled a custom rom 1 using the default options.

5) I installed the rom usually at recovery.

6) I waited a few minutes, booted, and FINALLY got to choose the option Brazilian Portuguese.

caveats:

Do not know if it's bug or something the ROM installing a rom that is not the phone itself, but the device does not turn off. He gets the LED on the physical and lighted keys and switches itself off. I have to take off and put the battery back.

If I had to fix something, which will not do out of sheer laziness, would change the standard sizes of custom rom, because I never want to see the original rom from Verizon. The custom rom ended up with little virtual space.

Sorry for the english but blame Google Translator! :P

Yesterday, 08:44 AM   |  #14  

2 posts
G900TUVU1DOB1 ROM on G900V
I switched to T-Mobile from Verizon a couple months ago and kept my G900V to use on the T-Mobile network. I kept having apn issues with the Verizon (KK and 5.0) based rom and decided to flash in recovery the Beanstown 4.4.2 G900T rom and had great success . If you want KK I can confirm that both Beanstown 4.4.2 G900T and G900F roms work on the G900V kernal if installed on recovery (wipe everything first). I now am using [ROM]ViSiON-X US TMO[Android L 5.0][G900TUVU1DOB1][02-18-15] rom flashed by the installation method for the Verizon Lollipop to Keep Root. Steps are full wipe in recovery, flash rom in recovery (CANNOT, I REPEAT CANNOT HAVE AROMA), flash Verizon OA8 5.0 with Odin, boot 10 min wait... I believe any stock lollipop rom can be flashed, probably anything without Aroma... I have working Wifi-Calling feature, working Volte, everything works but no Wanam yet bummer...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread