Success: G900F rom on G900V S5

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By amonteiro, Junior Member on 6th August 2014, 05:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th March 2015, 08:11 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[QUOTE=muniz_ri;59469566]Here is a way to update to Stock, t-Mobile 5.0. This is not debloated but you can debloat yourself using EsFileExplorer or similar:

1. Extract the G900T_DOB1_Stock_Rooted_Backup folder from the .rar and place that folder into your Safestrap backups folder, i.e: ext-sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxx(the name of your Safestrap backups folder may vary. If a Safestrap backups folder does not already exist you must first create a backup using Safestrap's "Backup" function before continuing).
2. From Safestrap recovery perform an "Advanced Wipe" and wipe everything but your ext-sdcard.
3. From the main menu press "Restore" and restore the Stock_Rooted_Backup.
4. Last, from the main menu press "Reboot," reboot into "Download" mode and flash the G900V_OA8_Stock_Partitions using Odin's PDA slot(AP in Odin v3.09+).

Lots of problems. Need some help. Cant connect to the network and get a constant nag "Security Notice Unauthorized... blah blah blah"
So now what?

I think I need a stock TMO ROM thats been cleaned and debloated. Cant find one in Tmobile Galaxy S 5 development.

Any ideas? help would be appreciated much.
The Following User Says Thank You to milesius For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th March 2015, 04:53 AM |#32  

More
I have managed to get this working with the instructions above, however - the carrier reception for TMobile is bad.
I dont know if this is new with Lollipoop or if its do to the combination of VZW firmware and TMO ROM.
I had GREAT reception before on 4.4.4 with VZW stock everything running on TMO network. Go figure.
I wonder if TMO has down tuned there carrier ROM so people use the WiFi calling more often...
ANYWAY. I need to disable Knox. I get the Security Notice Unauthorized blah blah blah... all the time now.
For whatever reason SuperSU didnt ask if I wanted to disable Knox and I cannot find any setting for that.
I saw some script for removing it - but it requires TWRP which isnt working on this phone.
Any more help would be appreciated.
17th March 2015, 06:57 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 4,262

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesius

I have managed to get this working with the instructions above, however - the carrier reception for TMobile is bad.
I dont know if this is new with Lollipoop or if its do to the combination of VZW firmware and TMO ROM.
I had GREAT reception before on 4.4.4 with VZW stock everything running on TMO network. Go figure.
I wonder if TMO has down tuned there carrier ROM so people use the WiFi calling more often...
ANYWAY. I need to disable Knox. I get the Security Notice Unauthorized blah blah blah... all the time now.
For whatever reason SuperSU didnt ask if I wanted to disable Knox and I cannot find any setting for that.
I saw some script for removing it - but it requires TWRP which isnt working on this phone.
Any more help would be appreciated.

You can see if you get any different results by flashing a stock rom instead of a backup: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934538793
19th March 2015, 04:03 AM |#34  

More
so after much work trying to get this to go I am giving up on this Lollipop ROM. first and foremost I am having terrible battery and connection issues.
I did get Knox removed and everything set with the APN and such - but due to battery and signal issue - its simply not worth it. see thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...obile-t2890378
about the signal issue, as I would steer folks away from trying TNO RoM on VZW S5 because its just terrible. On stock VZW ROM I got much better Battery life and even great signal coverage for the TMO network - go figure. I am also dropping back to 4.4.4 because I need control over my data - a "feature" I hate about lollipop is that it took away that toggle.
I really prefer Kit kat and cannot imagine why google went so far with the always on always connected and you must have all radios enabled all the time and give apps access to constantly suck your battery and data dry so we know where you are at all times - LOL.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread