Verizon messages+

OP wix256

16th July 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 15

48 posts
More
I have been using this app ever since handcent caused my phone from sending mms. Holy crap am I surprised that this is the best messaging app I have used. It allows you to text over wifi, which is huge for me because where I work reception is not the best.

I did a search and was curious why this app was never talked about? It truly doesn't feel like you're average verizon bloatware.
16th July 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Because its from Verizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wix256

I have been using this app ever since handcent caused my phone from sending mms. Holy crap am I surprised that this is the best messaging app I have used. It allows you to text over wifi, which is huge for me because where I work reception is not the best.

I did a search and was curious why this app was never talked about? It truly doesn't feel like you're average verizon bloatware.

I havent used it mostly because its from Big Red. But I may actually look into it now since you seem to have had some success with it

Thanks for the Info! Cheers!
16th July 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wix256

Yep, I feel the same and I also stopped using Handcent and other like it because of the mms problems. I only wish Messages+ had a cooler gui.
16th July 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I thought I was alone when it came to this feeling. Aside from the UI needing some touching up, the convenience and reliability of the app is amazing. I love the synchronization across devices, responding to texts from my work iPhone, and logging into the website to respond from my browser when I'm too lazy to retrieve my phone from the other room...
16th July 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 38

583 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is the texting over WiFi built into the app or the stock Rom itself? I'm wondering if this would work with hangouts.
16th July 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 15

48 posts
More
It would be great if the ui could be personalized and have themes.

Syncing across multiple devices and being able to mute group texts are definitely other great features.

Texting over wifi is built into the app.
17th July 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #7  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 6

226 posts
More
You can customize it can't you? Swipe from left side to right. There is a whole customize section. Colors, bubble styles, backgrounds, fonts....

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th July 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #8  
Flag in the streets racing
Thanks Meter: 107

1,344 posts
The texting over WiFi never worked for me. I uninstalled that crap

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
17th July 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 81

152 posts
It's actual SMS over WiFi?
17th July 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 95

181 posts
How can I go about seeing if the texting over WiFi works for me? Does the app ask specifically if you'd like to send the text via WiFi if there is no cellular signal or... ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread