Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 39,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon messages+

Tip us?

wix256
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Verizon messages+

I have been using this app ever since handcent caused my phone from sending mms. Holy crap am I surprised that this is the best messaging app I have used. It allows you to text over wifi, which is huge for me because where I work reception is not the best.

I did a search and was curious why this app was never talked about? It truly doesn't feel like you're average verizon bloatware.

Freestyle327
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Because its from Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wix256 View Post
I have been using this app ever since handcent caused my phone from sending mms. Holy crap am I surprised that this is the best messaging app I have used. It allows you to text over wifi, which is huge for me because where I work reception is not the best.

I did a search and was curious why this app was never talked about? It truly doesn't feel like you're average verizon bloatware.
I havent used it mostly because its from Big Red. But I may actually look into it now since you seem to have had some success with it

Thanks for the Info! Cheers!

BSquaredB2
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wix256 View Post

Yep, I feel the same and I also stopped using Handcent and other like it because of the mms problems. I only wish Messages+ had a cooler gui.
Samsung Galaxy S5
HTC Rezound
HTC Incredible
Nexus 7 32GB

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a527/BSquaredB2/bsquared_zps4c70516a-1_zps04ed57b5.jpg

Antinoitikos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I thought I was alone when it came to this feeling. Aside from the UI needing some touching up, the convenience and reliability of the app is amazing. I love the synchronization across devices, responding to texts from my work iPhone, and logging into the website to respond from my browser when I'm too lazy to retrieve my phone from the other room...

joshua.justice
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Is the texting over WiFi built into the app or the stock Rom itself? I'm wondering if this would work with hangouts.

wix256
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
It would be great if the ui could be personalized and have themes.

Syncing across multiple devices and being able to mute group texts are definitely other great features.

Texting over wifi is built into the app.

Stevez48
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You can customize it can't you? Swipe from left side to right. There is a whole customize section. Colors, bubble styles, backgrounds, fonts....

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GSV

warriorpluto
Old
Thanks Meter 102
The texting over WiFi never worked for me. I uninstalled that crap

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
my feedback
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...8-warriorpluto

Originally Posted by xxnitro123
yee ill take screenshots... when i take a pic of the screen it doenst show in the picture because the color interferes with the light

arcrox
Old
Thanks Meter 81
It's actual SMS over WiFi?

vacaloca
Old
Thanks Meter 89
How can I go about seeing if the texting over WiFi works for me? Does the app ask specifically if you'd like to send the text via WiFi if there is no cellular signal or... ?