Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: What would you be willing to pay customer service for a bootloader unlock?
$0 43 18.70%
$5 25 10.87%
$25 94 40.87%
$50 47 20.43%
$100 21 9.13%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

Verizon Wireless Developer Program

OP eragon5779

17th October 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #241  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
629 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

Then by some chance it may just bypass VZW all together which would be a wonderful thing

From my CM11 S3

Hopefully. There weren't factory images per carrier for N5, so hopefully that holds for the N6 on vzw.
17th October 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #242  
ShapesBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 840
 
4,485 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc120

Hopefully. There weren't factory images per carrier for N5, so hopefully that holds for the N6 on vzw.

Agreed. I'm a little psyched about getting my first Nexus device, I don't care if I have to pay full price for it either

From my CM11 S3
17th October 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #243  
eragon5779's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
I hate to stop this discussion, but this is the wrong thread. I know I started it, and I apologize, but I was using it to say that maybe Big Red has finally changed their mind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to eragon5779 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #244  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
629 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon5779

I hate to stop this discussion, but this is the wrong thread. I know I started it, and I apologize, but I was using it to say that maybe Big Red has finally changed their mind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Right you are! Still hoping this unlock thing happens, because in all likelihood, VZW will do something to screw this up or piss off Google and we won't have another nexus for 3 years again haha!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkc120 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #245  
Thebear j koss's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 10,964
 
7,591 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
No expandable storage on the nexus=no bueno. Vzw has already screwed previous Nexus devices, I assume the same will happen. As this thread is for unlocking any device I'm thinking a nexus on vzw doesn't kill the discussion of this thread. Personally I despise aosp and Google and would never buy a nexus or any product geared toward running vanilla Android. Just my opinion.

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY
The Following User Says Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #246  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
I work in verizon customer care I'll submit the idea again to management again and hope it helps more and I'll even send the link around to sign petition
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearded. zombie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #247  
ShapesBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 840
 
4,485 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearded. zombie

I work in verizon customer care I'll submit the idea again to management again and hope it helps more and I'll even send the link around to sign petition

Ignore this post it was meant for another topic lol

From my CM11 S3
The Following User Says Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #248  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

Ignore this post it was meant for another topic lol

From my CM11 S3

Haha ok and in my response it was gonna be a yes from what I've heard and read.
20th October 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #249  
ShapesBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 840
 
4,485 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearded. zombie

Haha ok and in my response it was gonna be a yes from what I've heard and read.

Oh ok, I realized after I posted what I did I was in the wrong thread

From my CM11 S3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes