Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: What would you be willing to pay customer service for a bootloader unlock?
$0 45 18.44%
$5 27 11.07%
$25 99 40.57%
$50 52 21.31%
$100 21 8.61%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Verizon Wireless Developer Program

OP eragon5779

30th December 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #261  
Thanks Meter: 874

4,684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73

They mostly use that excuse for us grandfathered users

Sent from S4 using the worst jacked up version of Tapatalk to date

That's very true. It's not like tethering will break there network. Verizon has a very funny way of taking care of there customers, more like losing them

From my S3 running BlissStalk
30th December 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #262  
Thanks Meter: 66

253 posts
More
I think part of the issue is a lot of you think you're entitled to being able to modify your phone and this that and the other because you own it and its your device, when in reality you don't. Unless you paid full price (around 600ish) then you actually don't own it, it's on a lease to you and its part of your bill every month, and in this case Verizon owns it and has every right to say "no i wont let you do that with our phone". I may be wrong though, feel free to correct as this is pretty much just speculation.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk
30th December 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #263  
Thanks Meter: 100

692 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuu

I think part of the issue is a lot of you think you're entitled to being able to modify your phone and this that and the other because you own it and its your device, when in reality you don't. Unless you paid full price (around 600ish) then you actually don't own it, it's on a lease to you and its part of your bill every month, and in this case Verizon owns it and has every right to say "no i wont let you do that with our phone". I may be wrong though, feel free to correct as this is pretty much just speculation.

Then they should allow you to unlock the bootloader if you pay full price, which they don't let you do.
30th December 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #264  

4,684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuu

While you are correct there are those of us who have fulfilled our contracts and own our phone, according to VZW that still doesn't give us a right to do what we want with them

The Following User Says Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #265  
Thanks Meter: 66

253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

While you are correct there are those of us who have fulfilled our contracts and own our phone, according to VZW that still doesn't give us a right to do what we want with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc120

Then they should allow you to unlock the bootloader if you pay full price, which they don't let you do.

I completely agree, and that makes it arguable wether or not you should be able to, but my point still stands that i believe that theres a majority that have not payed of their device, i know i personally haven't.

30th December 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #266  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,230

2,762 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sadly no I don't remember that one, not old enough here. That's a great idea although I doubt big red would even budge. It's a great idea but all VZW cares about its how much money it makes. Customer service does care about people as they are trained to do (former c/s rep here) but when the end of the day comes no one truly cares

lmao.. im a QR for a cellular company and believe me when i say you cant train a person to care lol.

they might empathize when needed but being genuine and following through with action is another story..

Many times i call in and each time i get similar scripted empathy statements.. it really depends on the individual. they either have it or they dont but it cant be something that can be trained to the masses without personal experiences or genuine care for others
The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #267  

4,684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

lmao.. im a QR for a cellular company and believe me when i say you cant train a person to care lol.

they might empathize when needed but being genuine and following through with action is another story..

Many times i call in and each time i get similar scripted empathy statements.. it really depends on the individual. they either have it or they dont but it cant be something that can be trained to the masses without personal experiences or genuine care for others

That's for sure. We had scripted words ourselves but sometimes you just had to go away from the robot words and be honest to people, we were taught that apologizing can be the major difference in the call going positive or negative

30th December 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #268  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,230

2,762 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's for sure. We had scripted words ourselves but sometimes you just had to go away from the robot words and be honest to people, we were taught that apologizing can be the major difference in the call going positive or negative

where i work there are no scripts. they want you to be yourself and personable. but apologizing (sympathy) isnt always best bcuz a lot of things are not yours or the companies fault. Empathy is putting yourself in the customers shoes and letting them know youve been there yourself and will do everything you can to help.

Agreed that the connection does dictate how the entire interaction will go.

Usually you need to listen and build that connection within the first 30 seconds of an interaction or else the connection is lost and the customer will be more difficult to deal with.

In carrier world, connection is big because the happier your customers are with quality/connection (customer engagement) the more likely they are to be an advocate and recommend friends n family to join.. the worse, well, the more likely they are to leave and say bad things causing others to leave and turn away potential new customers.

With that being said, besides new customer/customer churn, it does not tie in with the business needs outside of the arpu/revenue. Meaning Verizon will not allow us to unlock the BL if in any way they feel it would not generate revenue or could "potentially" impact any of the business needs negatively.
31st December 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #269  

4,684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

where i work there are no scripts. they want you to be yourself and personable. but apologizing (sympathy) isnt always best bcuz a lot of things are not yours or the companies fault. Empathy is putting yourself in the customers shoes and letting them know youve been there yourself and will do everything you can to help.

Agreed that the connection does dictate how the entire interaction will go.

Usually you need to listen and build that connection within the first 30 seconds of an interaction or else the connection is lost and the customer will be more difficult to deal with.

In carrier world, connection is big because the happier your customers are with quality/connection (customer engagement) the more likely they are to be an advocate and recommend friends n family to join.. the worse, well, the more likely they are to leave and say bad things causing others to leave and turn away potential new customers.

With that being said, besides new customer/customer churn, it does not tie in with the business needs outside of the arpu/revenue. Meaning Verizon will not allow us to unlock the BL if in any way they feel it would not generate revenue or could "potentially" impact any of the business needs negatively.

That's very true. But with big companies it's all about the $$$ especially VZW

My S3 running BlissStalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread