What's wrong with a bit of bloat??? I'm ok, I'm ok even with Root and STUFF

OP tiger505

3rd July 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southern Oregon
Thanks Meter: 105

295 posts
More
All right, I'm rooted, have safestrap, xposed, wanam and I'm rocking with Beans town. AKA beanstown106 ROM. Even still I have a ton of bloat and presently I'm at 9hrs of battery usage, 1 hour and 10 min of screen time and I have 29 minutes of voice calls! OK, ok guess where my battery is at???
84%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say what? My app count with Titanium is 109 (yes I'm an app junkie) and I have over 3,000 contacts with pages and pages of notes on each, YET, I'm at 84%.
Somebody help me, Why am I searching for more? I mean this in just an addicted flasher question. This S5 is really the bomb. I had a S4 but after a bad golf round, and other stuff and I took a hammer to it on the glass face until it looked like toast and then (I cant' believe I'm telling ya'll this I bent it in half) yep...crap that would have made a great video to post, maybe even viral. On craigslist I found a local Verizon employee who had a "new S5" and I mean right out of the box for $375 (no upgrade as I'm unlimited data etc and use about 15gb per month) and I have this kind new phone now. I really thought I would never upgrade to the S5 from the S4 because they seemed virtually the same but I was wrong. I'm really liking the S5, ESPECIALLY now that we have Root and Recovery. I'm just hoping that I do not have another bad round of golf, and that has me worried!
So the reason for this post is to ask, what's the big deal with getting all the bloat off of the device. I know I searched and searched and flashed every new Rom that's on the development site so far as of today, (I use the Safestrap stock slot without worry as I have Odin and a lot of resources to recover and major backups) but I'm back to Beans and I'm happy. This was the first Rom to get the S5 working on the table, and it's not de-bloated much at all, but dang, look at my battery life. Excellent...and I can still use Allshare, baby crying detector, Verizon tones and about 400 other apps available (that I know I'll never use) and on and on. So what I say or ask is why I need to keep searching for the most streamlined ROM????. I'm at 84% after 9 hours!
: laugh:

Disclaimer in fine print...Please take no offense to this post, I know I need flash rehab but it's a general question that do not have an answer for?
Therapy anyone?
The Following User Says Thank You to tiger505 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,176

2,683 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger505

All right, I'm rooted, have safestrap, xposed, wanam and I'm rocking with Beans town. AKA beanstown106 ROM. Even still I have a ton of bloat and presently I'm at 9hrs of battery usage, 1 hour and 10 min of screen time and I have 29 minutes of voice calls! OK, ok guess where my battery is at???
84%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say what? My app count with Titanium is 109 (yes I'm an app junkie) and I have over 3,000 contacts with pages and pages of notes on each, YET, I'm at 84%.
Somebody help me, Why am I searching for more? I mean this in just an addicted flasher question. This S5 is really the bomb. I had a S4 but after a bad golf round, and other stuff and I took a hammer to it on the glass face until it looked like toast and then (I cant' believe I'm telling ya'll this I bent it in half) yep...crap that would have made a great video to post, maybe even viral. On craigslist I found a local Verizon employee who had a "new S5" and I mean right out of the box for $375 (no upgrade as I'm unlimited data etc and use about 15gb per month) and I have this kind new phone now. I really thought I would never upgrade to the S5 from the S4 because they seemed virtually the same but I was wrong. I'm really liking the S5, ESPECIALLY now that we have Root and Recovery. I'm just hoping that I do not have another bad round of golf, and that has me worried!
So the reason for this post is to ask, what's the big deal with getting all the bloat off of the device. I know I searched and searched and flashed every new Rom that's on the development site so far as of today, (I use the Safestrap stock slot without worry as I have Odin and a lot of resources to recover and major backups) but I'm back to Beans and I'm happy. This was the first Rom to get the S5 working on the table, and it's not de-bloated much at all, but dang, look at my battery life. Excellent...and I can still use Allshare, baby crying detector, Verizon tones and about 400 other apps available (that I know I'll never use) and on and on. So what I say or ask is why I need to keep searching for the most streamlined ROM????. I'm at 84% after 9 hours!
: laugh:

Disclaimer in fine print...Please take no offense to this post, I know I need flash rehab but it's a general question that do not have an answer for?
Therapy anyone?

nice rant lol. thing is, not everyone is an app junkie lol. and where you really test the battery life is with screen on time as that uses the most battery..

So my answer is that everyone has different tastes..

My question to you is this: When you press the recents button and then task manager, what does your RAM usage look like?

With all those apps i imagine you have less than 1gb free for sure. System ram allows the phone to work faster the more ram you have available.

Also, the leaner the rom the more storage space you have for apps youll actually use.

I for one would rather install useful apps from the play store vs having baby detector and bloat apps ill never use..

To each their own

Rant over lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southern Oregon
Thanks Meter: 105

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

nice rant lol. thing is, not everyone is an app junkie lol. and where you really test the battery life is with screen on time as that uses the most battery..

So my answer is that everyone has different tastes..

My question to you is this: When you press the recents button and then task manager, what does your RAM usage look like?

With all those apps i imagine you have less than 1gb free for sure. System ram allows the phone to work faster the more ram you have available.

Also, the leaner the rom the more storage space you have for apps youll actually use.

I for one would rather install useful apps from the play store vs having baby detector and bloat apps ill never use..

To each their own

Rant over lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

Point well put..., and thanks for the response. I'm still in WTF mode and just ranting. However with Titanium my Rom says 3.14 GB (816 MG free) on System Rom. I know it's been much lower free with room than that in the years past but yet I've never had a memory issue. So I'm with you " to each their own"
Warning, I've had a few shots today (ok many shots) so from a personal matter I am on a rant...this just seem like the best forum for social contact for my passion...Phones (probably owned about 40+ over the past 17 years, and no I usually do not take a hammer to them, LOL)
PS...I never had children but the "baby detector" app may be the coolest app in the world! Who knew.
Oh and one more thing for all...THIS IS JUST A PHONE, but I'm still not convinced of that as maybe it's the whole part of my life, dang.
Therapy anyone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread