FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

AllianceRom Issues Verizon GS5 4.4.2

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
After searching for a fair while i've come to the conclusion that there aren't any threads that pose my set of issues. I've tried installing AllianceRom several times, i follow their instructions to the letter, and everytime i end up with a failed extraction, i've re-downloaded the ROM twice now and am simply unsure of how to continue, i would LOVE to see their rom in action and how it functions i'm just at a loss for how to continue, steps i take with safestrap as such.
1. Reboot into recovery
2. switch to rom-slot 1 (also tried the other numbers.. just in case)
3. create the slot, wipe it
4. install zip file ( tried from different folders, on both internal and sd storage)
5. facepalm i'm not sure what to do now i'm slightly sad because it's the seemingly coolest looking rom, there's so much customization options to it.. i just want it hopefully someone out there has an answer, and if not i'll let the subject die for now, thanks for your time to anyone whom reads this.

-brando
 
 
10th August 2014, 04:31 AM |#2  
BigBot96's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ooltewah
Thanks Meter: 1,864
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando5055

After searching for a fair while i've come to the conclusion that there aren't any threads that pose my set of issues. I've tried installing AllianceRom several times, i follow their instructions to the letter, and everytime i end up with a failed extraction, i've re-downloaded the ROM twice now and am simply unsure of how to continue, i would LOVE to see their rom in action and how it functions i'm just at a loss for how to continue, steps i take with safestrap as such.
1. Reboot into recovery
2. switch to rom-slot 1 (also tried the other numbers.. just in case)
3. create the slot, wipe it
4. install zip file ( tried from different folders, on both internal and sd storage)
5. facepalm i'm not sure what to do now i'm slightly sad because it's the seemingly coolest looking rom, there's so much customization options to it.. i just want it hopefully someone out there has an answer, and if not i'll let the subject die for now, thanks for your time to anyone whom reads this.

-brando

Have you tried flashing to stock slot yet? rom slots have many known bugs as of now and most ROM devs recommend flashing to stock slot and avoiding rom slots.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBot96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 04:40 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde03

Have you tried flashing to stock slot yet? rom slots have many known bugs as of now and most ROM devs recommend flashing to stock slot and avoiding rom slots.

I have not, all honesty i'm super new to the entire process and thus far I haven't done that because i still use my stock rom on occasion flipping back and forth between the two and I'm primarily terrified of bricking my phone. What process would i go through to get my stock rom backed up and assuredly not going to be screwed out of it not existing before i tried flashing to the stock slot? I know i sound paranoid because i really am especially after it not working =/
10th August 2014, 05:41 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thumbs up Possibly figured it out
If i'm correct, i now know the issue. the file site dropped some people's network connections, and i'm guessing since my file size was only ~650 mb that was my issue, if not i'll inform you otherwise i'll be deleting the thread, thank you mr. hyde
10th August 2014, 05:43 AM |#5  
BigBot96's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ooltewah
Thanks Meter: 1,864
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando5055

I have not, all honesty i'm super new to the entire process and thus far I haven't done that because i still use my stock rom on occasion flipping back and forth between the two and I'm primarily terrified of bricking my phone. What process would i go through to get my stock rom backed up and assuredly not going to be screwed out of it not existing before i tried flashing to the stock slot? I know i sound paranoid because i really am especially after it not working =/

1. Reboot to safestrap
2. Activate stock slot
3. backup -> data and system should be checked only
4. Wipe data/factory reset option
5. Install -> romfile.zip
6. Reboot.

If you want to be safer, after step 3 backup, reboot back to your system and copy the backup folder from external sd/ TWRP/######/backup folder. This way you'll have a backup on your computer in case something breaks. The nice thing is, safestrap is safe and won't (shouldn't..) brick your phone.



EDIT: just saw your recent post. yes, the alliance rom zip file should be 1gb or greater.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBot96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 07:00 AM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde03

1. Reboot to safestrap
2. Activate stock slot
3. backup -> data and system should be checked only
4. Wipe data/factory reset option
5. Install -> romfile.zip
6. Reboot.

If you want to be safer, after step 3 backup, reboot back to your system and copy the backup folder from external sd/ TWRP/######/backup folder. This way you'll have a backup on your computer in case something breaks. The nice thing is, safestrap is safe and won't (shouldn't..) brick your phone.



EDIT: just saw your recent post. yes, the alliance rom zip file should be 1gb or greater.



Well, it worked (go figure i feel like a dumbass), however after all of it i realized looking at oyur name that you seemed familiar for some reason. The first ROM i flashed, was yours. Thanks for that, it's very well made.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes